Paypal Checkout Plugin - Embed Payment Options in Checkout Payment Step Block

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 6 days ago #353598

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4

I'm trying to upgrade from the old paypal plugin to paypal checkout. However, i was wondering if there was a way to embed the paypal payment options within the checkout page, as opposed to redirecting to another page first? In checkout workflow configuration, i have a single payment block alongside shipping/billing information. Currently, I'm seeing the following:

Clicking "finish" takes me to a new page with the paypal payment method selection:

Ideally, I'd like to see the paypal payment methods within the payment block. Something like this:

and then the finish button directly starts the paypal payment process.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 6 days ago #353603

Hi,

It is not possible to do that with the API used by the plugin.
There are other APIs, like PayPal Pro for the credit card form to be directly on the payment view of HikaShop's checkout. But this is only available in some countries.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojooutdoors-holden

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 1 day ago #353772

Ah I see. Thanks for the info.

9 months 22 hours ago #353773

Thank you for your feedback though.

I atually had a meeting with PayPal representatives today in order discuss the first feedbacks after the release.
We'll schedule a tech meeting in August and see what can be improved.
Maybe there is something which can be done to have the options as payment methods. I'll discuss this among other things.
We'll see how it goes.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 3 weeks ago #354009

I agree that this is an issue. I want the customer to see the various Paypal payment options upfront and be able to fill out all their payment information with Paypal BEFORE completing checkout on my site. Having the Paypal options upfront is important to increase user confidence and conversions.

Perhaps I have something wrong, but the problem I had with the old Paypal plugin, was that the customer had to complete the order on my site before being redirected to Paypal for payment. This has led to us getting a lot of orders, but then the payment never comes through because the user abandons the payment process. This new plugin seems to do the same.

We have been relying on Paypal Pro to let the customer check out directly on our site with a Credit Card, and that works well but I lose business when customers dont feel like the Paypal option is truly integrated. Given the after the fact redirect, I can understand their reservations.

Again, perhaps I am configured wrong, and if so, I would really like to know how to accomplish this!

Thanks!

8 months 3 weeks ago #354015

Hi,

I don't think you configured it wrong. That's how PayPal made it and how it is supposed to be.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds