• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #313861

-- url of the page with the problem -- : antiqueswan.com/stageit/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hello,

When a registered user is logged in, the have a single article page that includes a carousel. The products will not render when set to a carousel. The products will display when the carousel is disabled. Here is a screen recording (1:45min) of the issue. screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cql6VLU9rU

What would prevent the carousel from rendering. Please advise.

Thank you.

Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
4 years 3 months ago #313871

Hi,

If you check the console of your browser on that page, you can see a javascript error:
monosnap.com/file/QeBwq2J3agXL3asrGBttdDsKRt1Dz7
Because of that, the carousel javascript cannot be initialized which prevent it from displaying.
So fixing that javascript error will make the carousel work.
Looking at the error, it looks like a jquery conflict. That's quite common on Joomla.
What we usually recommend for that is to install and configure the JQuery Easy plugin:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/jquery-easy/
It can fix jquery conflicts.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #313889

Thanks, Nicolas. I installed/enabled the jquery easy plugin but it has not resolved the issue. I've tried various settings but nothing seems to make a difference.

If you're sure this would solve the issue, does this also mean that every installation of Hikashop should now have this extension installed?

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by karendunne.

4 years 3 months ago #313895

Hi,

I went again on your website to the page with the problem and I don't see any modification done by the jQuery Easy plugin. As if it was not enabled.
Can you confirm that it is still enabled ? If so, can you make sure that you cleared any caching you might have on your pages as that would be necessary to see the change ?
Also, if you could provide some screenshots of the settings of the plugin, we could have a look and tell you if you're missing anything.

That plugin is not necessary for HikaShop. It's only helpful to solve jquery conflicts on Joomla websites. This usually happens when several extensions use jquery on same page and different versions of jquery are loaded at different point which overwrite one another in some ways. In your case, I can see jquery being loaded twice:
monosnap.com/file/30NNAwTD3x4wKejZGgelZuzQRrEepm
One is Joomla's jquery and one comes from your template. Honestly, it would make more sense for the template to use Joomla's jquery instead of loading his own. That would reduce the probability of a problem with jquery...

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #313921

Hi Nicolas,

It was and still is enabled. However, what's strange is that I went to the url just now and found that the carousel is loading. The only thing I can think of is caching, but that's embarrassing. I cleared cache a bazillion times but I think I needed to use Chrome's obliterate all cache directly (instead of a Chrome extension). I'm sorry about that.

Here's a screen recording of the plugin settings (1 min): screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqlXYPUWLW

I was still getting jquery errors, see screen shot, but when I changed a setting from add/fix jQuery to jQuery+UI, it removed the errors and now it's down to violation messages. See screen shot.

Any other advise on this one?

Cheers,

Karen

Attachments:

4 years 3 months ago #313936

Hi,

If I check again that page, I can see that jquery (and jquery-ui) is now loaded from Google's CDN and only once, which indicates that Jquery Easy is now doing its job:
monosnap.com/file/VEPSuQrU2b6sBSSHJG6CBpOck3572Z
So that explains why it works now. My solution was indeed the good one.
Now I don't know why it didn't work right of the bat. Maybe you changed something, or some cache expired on your website/server and thus we now see the correct version while before it was the cached one from before the addition of Jquery Easy.

The violation messages in the console are not important. You can ignore them. It's just some jquery code which could be written better but it doesn't have drawbacks for you:
stackoverflow.com/questions/46094912/add...ing-touchstart-event

The following user(s) said Thank You: karendunne

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314130

I now have this incorporated on the live site and all is working well. Thanks again for your help Nicolas.

Cheers,

Karen

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds