Product generated URL

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #319224

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18

Hi all,
first of all I would like to thank the Hika Staff for this amazing component and then, I would like to thank all the people in this forum who will help with my issue. I've tried to search in this forum but I can't find the problem I'm facing.

I know, I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't understand what:

1. I've created two subcategories in the main "prodcut category" already present in the shop component.
2. I've created some products in these two subcategory.
3. Then I use the already created menu item ( type: Hikashop > product listing ) as the main shop page, and published it in the main menu of my website.
4. In the homepage I've published a Hikashop content module to show a little preview of my products. In the Option of this module, in the Display data, I've set the "product category" as main category.

Now I noticed this:

if you click on one product in the home page ( in example, product name "Tortilla"), you are redirected to a page with this url:
mywebsite.com/component/hikashop/product/11-tortilla

Instead if you click on the "Shop" menu item, and then on the same product ( Tortilla ), you are redirected to a page with this url:
mywebsite.com/shop/product/11-tortilla

I think I'm missing some menu configuration for product page...

Can you help me with this?

Thanks to everyone who will answer my question!
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 11 months ago #319238

Hi,

In the settings of your module (that you can edit via the Joomla modules manager ), you'll find under the "HikaShop options" tab a setting "menu". In that setting, select your "products listing" menu item and the module will use that menu item for the URL generated to access the products listed by that module.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ursini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds