Category and Product translations are NOT saved

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #319275

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 76.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : translations dont save

bought Hika Essential. Fresh install, all multilingual, 3 languages, menus correctly configured, all content displays as expected, EXCEPT:

when I go to the backend to edit categories or products, and enter languiage-specific translations into the popup dialogs I can open with those little flag icons, the entered translation is not saved. If I reopen the dialog after pushing the save button, its all empty again. Also, on the website the default text is shown.

I just come switching from Eshop after almost losing my temper on that. Fortunately, I have spent all my adrenalin already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 11 months ago #319280

Hi,

As we're not able to reproduce the problem on our end, could you provide a backend and a FTP access as well as an example with precise steps to reproduce the problem so that we can check on the issue ?
You can send the accesses along with a link to this thread via our contact form here:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

3 years 11 months ago #319307

I've sent the info. I would appreciate to be told the exact analysis as well as everything that was done, so I can maintain it myself.

3 years 11 months ago #319336

Hi,

I checked the situation there and I can see the issue but I still don't know why it doesn't work.
It's not a problem with writing to the translation override file since I can do it from the Joomla overrides interface in /administrator/index.php?option=com_languages&view=overrides
And it then appears on the popup too.
It looks like the saving is just ignored.
I would need to add PHP debug code to the files handling the saving of the translations on your website since I don't have the problem on my end. However, you didn't provide any means for me to be able to modify the files. Could you also provide that ?
It can be anything, SSH, FTP, cpanel file manager, a file manager Joomla extension, etc.

3 years 11 months ago #319350

ok, I've installed PhocaCommander. Hope that does the job

3 years 11 months ago #319417

Hi,

Thanks. I found the issue and added a patch for it on your website and we'll also add it on our end.
The issue came from the fact that you have the same text for the name and the alias and thus the override of the alias field (which was left empty) was overwriting the override of the name field.
The patch avoids that so that the first inputs takes priority since the first one is more important.

3 years 11 months ago #319429

ok, the translations are saved now, and the products also show up translated on the rendered page, BUT the categories translations are not displayed..

I am using the Products listing / Grouped by category page type

3 years 11 months ago #319447

Hi,

You're correct, we've missed the translation of the category name when the products are grouped by category.
Add the line:

$product_category->category_name = hikashop_translate($product_category->category_name);
just before the line:
if(empty($categories[$product_category->category_id])) {
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php and that will do it.
we'll add that change on our end too for the next version.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds