Showing products not in the right category

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 10 months ago #319284

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18

I was scanning my site and found a problem with displaying the products.
I have one category with only 1 product in it. And i have other categories with 20+ products in them.
What i noticed is the following.
Lets say my category is called product-x then it would show the url like this ....com/product-x
the product page would show .....com/category-x/product-a

Now in a different category i have for instance a product called product-b.

I can basically take the alias of the product and paste it behind any category and it will load the product detail page.
So the example would be ....com/category-x/product-b or com/category-x/product-c and neither of these products are in that category.
Eventhough these products are not even in that category or a subcategory below the main category.
I have checked the menu setting but cant find nothing wrong with them.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Rogier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319291

Hi,

That's indeed the case.
And you would be able to do the same with Joomla article aliases on Joomla article listing menu items.
However, I don't see why is it a problem ?
Since these links are not referenced anywhere, then people won't access them.
Also, we usually recommend to enter the URL you want to be referenced on search engine in the "canonical URL" field of the product. That way, even if the search engines end up accessing the product page from another URL, they will ignore the URL and only reference the canonical URL.

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 10 months ago #319408

Hi Nicolas,
Ok ik didnt know this. I have been using the canonical urls for the products.
The reason i found out about this, was that i was scanning the website with Website Auditor and it came up with pages like that.
I have no clue how that software found those pages. Thats why i though there was something wrong with the site. Some sites it wont do it with and others it does. Thats why its a little confusing.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds