Ugly url's in google index, where do they come form and how to change

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319454

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.28

Hello,

I have a site with a webshop for dealers only. So shop and products should only be accessible if a user is logged in with the correct user rights.
I set this up by restricting all categories toe de usergroup.

Now Google had found a few products on a core url sting: /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=282&name=product-name&Itemid=&category_pathway=

This one is shown to everybody, even if you are not logged in at all.
I've fixed this bij restricting all te products as well.

Now I have 3 questions:
1. Where did google get this url from?
2. How can I configure things so that these url's are transformed to nice ones? The SEF settings in de configuration are attached. The cannonial setting is set to 'Use cannonial URLS and create when missing'.
3. I've set the menu-item that leads to Hika's category overview to no-index/no-follow. When I test the above url there are no indexing restrictions found. How can I set the restrictions to url's like that

I hope someone can help.

With kind regards,
Rachel Walraven

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by webwerk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #319479

Hi,

1. Hard to say. It could be your website sitemap if you have any. Or maybe Google just tried the URL randomly as it detected that you're using the Joomla CMS. Or someone somewhere posted a URL allowing Google to find it. Or maybe someone send the URL via hangout or gmail and google indexed it.

2. I'm not sure what you mean here. First, when you mean "nice" URLs, I understand that you mean SEFed URL.
Do you mean that the URLs on your website are not SEFed ? You always get index.php?option=com_xxx&... ?
In that case, it means that you deactivated Joomla's SEF settings in the Joomla configuration page and you want to activate it.
Now if you mean that you already have SEFed URLs on your website but you want non-SEFed URLs to be redirected to their SEF counterpart, Joomla has no option for that as far as I know. However, you can find extensions that can do this like this one:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/site-man...tion/non-sef-to-sef/

3. The no-index/no-follow setting you configure in the menu item is only taken into account on the listing not on the product page.
That's something we could add in a future version of HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #320542

Hi Nicolas,

I was afraid there wouldn't be an easy answer.

For question 2 I ment the last one. I have SEF url's and they work, but still Google finds not SEF url's that, when clicked don't get rewritten to SEF URL's. These are the URL's I don't want them to find. The ones that surfaced I've redirected.

For question 3, that would be great if it could be set through the menu-items (to make the whole shop no-index/no-follow). Can you tell me, for now, how I can make the products no-index/no-follow?

With kind regards,
Rachel Walraven

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by webwerk.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #320556

Hi,

2. As I said, the extension I proposed should allow you to do that.
Also, in each product and category of HikaShop, you have a "canonical URL" field. If you enter in there the URL you want as the URL for that product / category, then when indexing the product / category page next time, Google will find the canonical URL and index it, regardless of what is the URL it used to find the product / category page.

3. Edit the file product / show.php via the menu Display>Views and at the beginning, you can add such code:

<?php
$doc = JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->setMetadata('robots', 'noindex, nofollow');
?>

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds