Choosing characteristics and price display

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319591

-- url of the page with the problem -- : shower-trays-direct.under-development.in...uette-white-flat-top
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18

Hello,
I have an issue with my product display and hope you can help!

From the supplied link you can see I have various colors for the product with different price points. Clicking on one of the radio options in the Color section changes the image, title and price. However if I try and select the 'root' product White nothing changes?

What have I done wrong in the backend? I've attached screenshots.

Thanks

Lee

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319592

Hi,

If I check the HTML code on that URL, I can see the data of the other variants but not the data of your default variant:
monosnap.com/file/gYnlmLxA2YyEH4LnopV5K5MdOAS8de

Now I see two potential culprits:
- the settings of that default variant (for example if you set a sale end date in the past or a sale start date in the future, the variant wouldn't be available). But your screenshot doesn't display all the settings of the default variant, so I couldn't check that.
- some view override issue. Check via FTP if you have the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/
If you do, try renaming it and see if it helps. If it does, then it indeed comes from a view override in that folder, and in that case you can try to rename the files in there one by one to identify the one with the issue.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319925

Nicolas,
May I provide access for you to take a look?

How can I send you login details securely?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319937

Hi,

You can send them via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure you include a link to this thread in your message.

• Thank you received: 609
3 years 9 months ago #319976

Hello,

We have received your access references, this able us to analyze the situation, here the results :
- In your override listing (from Main HikaShop Configuration, go to Display dropdown => Views)
- Use this 3 dropdown product/shaper_helixultimate/frontend
- See that you have a lot of override view.

If you didn't create this override maybe it's automatically create by your template, and there is a good chance that it's the root issue.
We can invite you to contact your template creator to get a solution.
If it's you (or someone) that create this override there something to correct in order to allow a good variant processing.

Hope you will get a solution.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #320079

Nicolas,
Thanks for taking the time to take a look. I can confirm that it was me that created the template override. I've actually re created it three times trying to resolve the error, and copy / pasting the code to the different areas of the view template. I'm still having issues, and hence my post to you! Can you see anything 'obvious' in the code I have moved around that would cause the issues?

It also seems to be working correctly on this different products:

shower-trays-direct.under-development.in...uette-white-flat-top

Is there something I have done wrong with the original product?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 609
3 years 9 months ago #320117

Hello,

I'm sorry but we can't go more far in this analyze of a custom code, as it's not our own code it take a too much time.
We can guide you methodologically to progress on your custom code, here the only solution if you wan't keep your override is to debug step by step.
But it's clear that variants process isn't easy to understand, and if these override's purpose was just to test, we only recommend you to remove this override view, and if the issue is still there we are back to your template root issue, and you have to contact your template creator.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds