How to add a fee for all products of a certain category? I.e. Deposit Fee.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321186

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Developer 78.ob8

How to add a fee for all products of a certain category? I.e. Deposit Fee.

Is there a method to add a listed fee for all of a certain category or categories of products? I'd like to add "Deposit Fee - $30" for all of a certain category of products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 9 months ago #321187

Hi,

So is that something your customers have to pay on top of the price of the product ? Or something you want them to pay instead of the price of the product ?
And if two such products are in the cart, is the deposit added for each product or only once for the whole cart ?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321237

It is per a specific item. So if they get 2 of that item, they pay a deposit for each one. For the time being I've just added the cost to the products price, but would prefer to have it automatically added to the price as a required product option (not sure if that's the right word).

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 9 months ago #321250

Hi,

You have to configure your tax rules as necessary, follow me step by step :
1. You first need to configure these two tax rates via the "manage tax rates" button of the System => Taxes menu.
2. Create a new tax category via the "manage tax category" button there and then assign this product to that tax category so that it gets these tax rates and not the ones you already have for the other products.
3. Create two tax rules via the menu System => Taxes, one for each tax rate, with that tax category selected and the "cumulative tax" setting activated for both.

Results, both tax rates will be added to that product price(s) and displayed like in your screenshot.
Hope this will fit your needs.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds