Breadcrumb Module displays wrong location

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 9 months ago #321469

-- url of the page with the problem -- : chathamart.com/fine-art/all-paintings/paintings-by-artist
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19

In many pages of our site the Breadcrumbs module displays the wrong location when browsing our Hikashop store products and categories. Why is that happening and can we fix it?

Sample page: chathamart.com/fine-art/all-paintings/paintings-by-artist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 9 months ago #321497

Hi,

I didn't see any problem with your breadcrumbs module. It always displays at the same spot between the menu at the top of the page, and the title of the main area, which sounds logical.
Did you already fix the issue you had maybe ?
Otherwise, could you provide some screenshots of the issue ? And did you try with several browsers ? Maybe it happens only with the one you're using ?

3 years 9 months ago #321515

Hi Nicolas,

The breadcrumbs module has the purpose of displaying the relationship of the current page with the site organizational structure.
In the example: chathamart.com/fine-art/all-paintings/paintings-by-artist , the location is "Paintings by Artist."
On that page the breadcrumbs module displays a different location: You are here: Fine Art/All Artists/Paintings by Featured Artists/AmEnde, DougSeaside. That is the wrong location. It is the page of a specific artwork, not a main category.
The issue is what the module is doing, not where the module is displayed. The issue is on most pages generated by Hikashop and not on pages not generated by Hikashop.

3 years 9 months ago #321522

Hi,

Well, I checked other, non-hikashop, pages on your website and I didn't see the breadcrumbs module on them. So I can't compare.

But what you're describing is a caching issue with the breadcrumbs module:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/9521
www.yellowwebmonkey.com/developer-blog/i...bs-in-joomla-content
I don't think that the issue is linked to HikaShop itself.

3 years 9 months ago #321541

Hi,

Okay, maybe we can forget comparing to non-hikashop pages and address the issue with Hikashop generated pages that have the wrong location displayed in the breadcrumbs module. We don't use the module on other pages because they have a simple menu system.

The sample forum posts you have are from 2016. Maybe there is something new?

I would love to solve this issue for my client and avoid the issue for new clients. Any help is appreciated.

3 years 9 months ago #321552

Hi,

As I said the issue is a caching issue.
So you need to turn off the caching on have on the breadcrumbs module and/or the caching you have on your pages and the problem will fix itself.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to avoid that as the problem is not in HikaShop but in the way the caching is handled for the breadcrumbs module which is a Joomla module, not a HikaShop module.
HikaShop will provide the current breadcrumbs on every pages (unless the whole page is cached) and then it's up to the module to use them, which it will do unless it is cached.
So to solve the issue, you need to turn off the caching you have on that module.
I don't know how you configured the caching on your website so I can't say precisely what needs to be changed where.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soens

3 years 9 months ago #321572

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you. That worked. The Joomla and template caching were activated. I had tried clearing them, however, it didn't help. It seems that they need to be deactivated for the breadcrumbs module to work. Luckily, this site loads fast with caching off.

The forward and backward arrow in the top left of the product pages were also messed up with caching on. Now they work correctly with it off.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds