Warning: Page Not Found Administrator

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
3 years 7 months ago #322526

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

Hi there,

I am getting the error Warning: Page Not Found Administrator on random pages on my site.

It doesn't happen on every page, but it seems it might be a SEF issue?

Please advise how to fix this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
3 years 7 months ago #322536

Hi,

Hard to say. It can happen for many reasons.
We would need you to present some examples with the URLs so that we could check the situation on your website first before we can say anything.

3 years 7 months ago #322591

That's hard to do, because it happens sporadically. I can't predict when it will happen. Only that it does.

3 years 7 months ago #322603

Hi,

So next time it happens, please copy/paste the URL you have on your browser's address bar, do a screenshot of the whole page.
And go back to the previous page and provide the URL of that page and tell us where you clicked on that page.
It's not a problem if you can't reproduce it a second time with the same link. What we want is to get more information about the issue.
Right now, I don't even know if you're talking about the backend or the frontend of your website. For example, if it's on the backend, it can't be a SEF issue.

3 years 7 months ago #322643

Hi,

Clearly it IS a problem, since i just happened again. Sorry, but the smart comments aren't helpful. You need to work on your people skills.

ANYHOO, screenshot is attached.

I logged into the frontend with my superuser account, and went to the vendor page. I tried to log in and access the same page using a vendor account (set up through Joomla ACL) and I can't open that page at all. The site is at www.shoppin.ca , but the vendor menu is set to only be accessed by the Vendor user group, so you can't see it on the frontend unless you are registered and logged in.

So now, instead of smart comments, maybe you can help me to fix this problem with your component? Thanks. If your documentation was complete or up to date, I would use that, but sadly, it's not.

Please advise if you need superuser credentials to fix this. Thanks, SO much. It is SO nice to get services I paid for.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by DogPeople.

3 years 7 months ago #322648

Just had the same thing happen, AGAIN, on my home page.

See attached screenshot.

Here's what I did to make this happen:

Went to the home page.

Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #322661

Hi,

In your previous message, you said that it only happened sporadically, and I understood that you couldn't provide a URL with the problem because of that.
What I then tried to say in my message is that it's not a problem to provide the URL of a page where you had the issue, even if it works fine afterwards because what we need is more context. I didn't want to say that it's not a problem because it happens sporadically and thus we won't look at it. Sorry if my message was taken the wrong way. We want to look at the issue, and for that we need more information on the problem is basically what I wanted to say.

Please understand that it's the first time I see the problem you're describing so to be able to provide a solution I first need to understand what's going on.
Thanks for the two examples you provided. It's a good start in the right direction.

I'll digress a bit so that you can better understand the situation with the issue on your website:
When there is a problem happening during the processing of a page on a Joomla website, the extension where the problem happens or the Joomla part where the problem happens will usually send an error message like the one you have to the Joomla messaging system which will be responsible for displaying it to the user at the end of the page display.
Now, if the page redirects somewhere else or crashes between the time the error message was added to the messaging system and the page is displayed, Joomla will store the message and display it on the next page the user will display.
So what that means is that if an error message of the Joomla messaging system appears on the homepage, it's normally because there is a problem on the homepage, BUT, it's also possible that the problem happened on another page of the website, was stored for some reason, and then you go to the homepage and you get to see that error message even though it's not related to the page you're looking at.
And since the problem you're describing doesn't happen usually on the same pages, it's likely that the error message comes from another page than the page you're looking at when you do the screenshot.
So, in my previous message, I asked about providing the URL of the page you were on and where you clicked before you see the page where you have the error message. That was because I'm trying to locate where the error is happening.

A backend access might be necessary in order to check your settings. But the problem for now is that I still don't know what circumstances lead to that error message appearing so I don't know what I would need to check yet.
You said that you had the error after logging with a vendor account. Is that something you can reproduce again ? Did it happen right after you clicked on the "login" button of the login form ? Or the login went fine and then you clicked somewhere else which lead you to the vendor control panel with that error message ?
And for the homepage, on which page where you before accessing the home page, and what action were you doing ? Where you logged in ? With a vendor account ?

3 years 7 months ago #322744

Hi,

So far, it has happened when I am logged in and when I am not logged in. It happens on different pages, but not all the time.

I understand that that's hard to figure out, but it's even harder for me to figure out or even describe, because I don't know when it will happen or why, or how your component works.

I am not anticipating it when it does happen, and it's not predictable, so it's very frustrating.

At this point, it doesn't look like it's affecting functionality in any way. I can still do what I wanted to do when I access the page, and when I refresh, the message is gone.

I have no idea how to replicate this, but I really need to figure it out!

3 years 7 months ago #322760

Hi,

That waring message means that the page that was called didn't exist. But again, it can be another page than the page you're seeing the error on.
If you don't see any functionality affected by the problem, then it could be that it is an AJAX request being called somewhere at some point with an invalid URL.
And since it's pointing at "administrator" it must mean that there is a probably a link to the backend of your website which is incorrect somewhere. It could come from another extension trying to call some URL for its processing wrongly adding "administrator" to a HikaShop URL, calling it in javascript and failing.
Also, in HikaShop, when such issue happens, the javascript has a backup mechanism in place to still do the process with a full page refresh (we have that in place so that the elements of HikaShop can work without javascript for text readers for blind people and for when there are javascript errors on the pages caused by conflicts between extensions or bugs in other extensions).
So in that case, to get read of the issue, you can remove the line:
$app->enqueueMessage('Page not found : '.$taskGroup, 'warning');
from the file components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php via FTP.
It will remove the display of that warning even though it won't fix the root of the problem.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds