Several options and one for free, if it's not picked

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 7 months ago #344323

Hi,

I have a product, with three different options - A, B and C. The first two options, A and B, come in just one color, while C comes in two different colors.

When the customer is looking at the product online, he sees:

Product $ 100
- Option A: No/Yes ($ 10)
- Option B: No/Yes ($ 15)

I also would like to add option C, with the following variants:
- Option C: No/Yes Blue ($ 12), Yes Red ($ 12)

However, I can't get the No (0 $) to show, even if I add it as a variant to the list of colors, as "No". It seems as if I can't add the price of zero to that variant.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Andor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 7 months ago #344329

Hi,

If you add the variant to the option product you should see it in the dropdown of the option.
Could you provide a screenshot of the variants listing of option C product ? Could you provide the URL of the product page ?
Also, adding a price of 0 is similar to not having any price. So you don't need to add a price to the No variant. Just add a price of 12 to the other variants and make sure that the main option C product doesn't have a price (otherwise, the variant with price will automatically pick up the price of the main product).
Alternatively, you can set a price of 0.001 to the No variant. It will be rounded to 0.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 7 months ago #344345

Hi,

In my further testing, I removed the price and also added a price of 0,0001 to the main price field. No matter what a tried, the No variant doesn't show as for the other options.

Finally, I added a No variant and removed the price on the main product. Doing this, I now do have a No option at no cost.

However, when a customer just want to buy this option as the main product, I either have to set the quantity to zero or allow the No option to be bought.

I guess the key question is: why doesn't the No option show on the main product page, as it does for Options A and B, without adding a No variant?

Without adding the No variant for Option C, this is what the main product page looks like - bottom pic when the drop-down is clicked.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Andor.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 7 months ago #344346

Hi,

Some merchants want to be able to not have a "no" to force the options with variants to be mandatory.

If you want the system to automatically add a "No" choice for all the options with variants, you can go in your PHPMyAdmin and open the hikashop_config table. There, add an entry with the namekey add_no_to_options and the value 1
And if you want the "No" to be selected instead of the default variant, you can add an entry with the namekey select_option_default_value and the value 0 at the same place.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andor

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 7 months ago #344428

Worked like a charm - exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds