Dashboards widgets and exports, editable or not?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 8 months ago #296849

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox, Chrome

Hi,

The documentation for Orders / Reports says: "This screen enables you to manage all your reports and therefore your dashboard's widgets."
But the Dashbord widgets seem to come from somewhere else. When I edit, depublish or even delete all reports, the dashboard still looks the same!
How does this work?

Also, it would be great to be able to select which columns end up in exports, as the current info is quite overwhelming for my clients.
Is this possible somehow?

Regards,
Eric

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by ericdewaal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #296852

Furthermore, in the reports, it's only possible to set a date in the filter, while time defaults to current time.
The result is that the reports contain partial, not full days!

And, in the exported report, the field "order_full_price" does not have decimal separators, € 511,20 shows up as "51120000" (global decimal separator set to comma, report coding UTF8).

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #296851

Hello,

If you want to have the configurable reports in your dashboard, you need to enable the "legacy dashboard" in your configuration :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...html#advanced_legacy

In HikaShop 3.x we added a new dashboard and we have plans to provide a new configuration interface for that new dashboard system. In the same time, we are open and aware for suggestions on what kind of report/information would be useful to display ; so we can propose more "pre-set" elements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 8 months ago #296876

Hi Jerome,

The built-in Help still says:

"You can also find additional display options for widgets in the Display tab of the configuration of HikaShop.
To display a report on your dashboard, simply publish it through the listing or the report edition screen. Reports will automatically be display on the dashboard according to the options your set in the global configuration of Hikashop and following the defined ordering."

But as the new dashboard cannot (yet) be configured, I suggest to make that clear in the Help text. It will save people like me some time trying to find out why it does not work!

Concerning the reports and exports (including those from the Orders listing):
Always export some basics like order number, order date, order status, customer number and name, currency, invoice total, tax total.
Then have options to add delivery address, payment details, product details, shipping details, customer details, etc.

And please make sure the data are in a useful format!
I cannot imagine that many clients have a clue what's in the field: order_shipping_params for example:
O:8:"stdClass":1:{s:6:"prices";a:1:{s:3:"1@1";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:14:"price_with_tax";s:7:"9.50000";s:3:"tax";d:0;}}}

And please fix the missing decimal separator, and set the time of the date selectors to 00:00:00.
Another good option for "Period" would be "Past quarter", as many companies have to make tax reports by quarter.

That would be great!

Best regards,

Eric

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 8 months ago #296948

Hi,

1. Thank you for your feedback on the documentation of the dashboard. I've updated it:
www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...board&level=Business

2. The CSV export of both the orders listing and the reports do contain all the available information of the order (the product information is not included in the reports as we believed them not relevant there).
Having options to select which column to include in export files is something we want to add in the future.
You can actually already do that when you export CSVs through the mass actions system (menu System>Mass actions).

3. The order_shipping_params (and such) is not something which is supposed to be used. It's data used by the system to store extra data. We still include them in the CSV just in case.

4. There is no missing decimal separator as far as I know. The order_full_price values in the CSVs I export on my end properly contains a decimal separator. Please check on your end by opening the CSV file with notepad or notepad++. If there isn't, please provide a copy of the CSV and precise instructions to reproduce the issue.

5. We'll look at defaulting the date selectors to midnight.

6. I've noted "past quarter" for future improvments on our end. Thanks.

5 years 8 months ago #296980

Hi,

1) Thanks

2) Through mass actions indeed it's already possible and I have used it, but it's a bit difficult to explain to a client not to use the regular reports but go to mass actions instead. So customizable dashboard reports would be great.

3) I think it's better not to show a client confusing data, or show those only in a kind of debug mode

4) separately, I will mail you some reports:
- hikashop_export_from_mass.csv where all zero values show up as "0.00000" while in the same column fields that are not zero, show up as 9,50000. Please note the double quotes as field encapsulation, they are missing for fields that have a numeric value >0!
This occurs in all exports.

- hikashopexport_from_orders_reports.csv where all decimal separators are points, while I set comma in the global configuration (Xxcel interpreted them as thousands separator, that's why I thought there were no separators).

In another discussion about another customer, we also saw that PHP "gets to much freedom" to format the export cells which leads to some unexpected results.

And finally, I think we would help our clients a lot if there was in the reports not only an order total, but also a tax total. As said before, most of our clients have to report sales and tax (VAT) on a quarterly basis. Now it's only in the details per product, and not so easy to add up.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to your reaction!

Best regards
Eric

5 years 7 months ago #297031

Hi,

Thanks, we got the CSV files.

4. I've add a patch on our end for the next version in order to take into account the CSV decimal separator setting for the report exports. Indeed, the separator used by PHP depends on how the server is setup, and thus while it might use a comma on my end, it might use a point on yours. And different CSV readers will also treat the float numbers in different ways based on how they are configured. That's why we had to add that setting in order to force the decimal separator, but that was not backported to the report export and no one reported us the issue so far.
Double quotes are not necessary. They are only required when the value has the separator character in it so that the the CSV reader knows when to stop for the value. In practice, we add the double quotes for the texts and for the float numbers as they can have commas but don't for numbers.

5. You already have the tax total in the CSV that you can export in the orders listing. The column is called "order_full_tax":
monosnap.com/file/BXoPd5WDLJOV6Z811KG21oIQ9naE8y

5 years 7 months ago #297039

Hi,

4. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

5. The column "order_full_tax" is indeed in the exports from the order listing screen. But you cannot select it to be included in the Mass Action report.

6. A completely different issue came up:
For the Quantity input method I have to use Select as it is the only option that limits the quantity to be added to multiples of the Minimum Order Quantity (we sell boxes of 2, 3, or 6 bottles of wine).
The dropdown list goes up to 15 x the minimum order quantity.
When a professional customer want to order more, they can click the Add button twice.
But then, when they proceed to the cart, the quantity is reset to zero!
Can this be fixed?

Best regards,
Eric

5 years 7 months ago #297091

Hi,

5. Yes, we didn't add that in the mass action so far. That's something we want to add in the future too. We currently have on the back burner a new mass action system from scratch which will be a lot better, but it still require quite some work to be functional and we're currently working on other more pressing things (Joomla 4 support, privacy tools of 3.9 support) so it mkae take a while before we can have something advanced enough where we'll be able to add that.

6. Thank you for your feedback on that. That's indeed a case we didn't properly take into account. I've added a patch for that on our end. The patch has been added directly on the install package available on our website. So you can just download the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ericdewaal

5 years 7 months ago #297119

Hi Nicolas,

5) I see. In the meantime, waiting for the new Mass Action, would it be difficult for you to add this one item to the selection list?

6) Thanks a lot, works perfectly!

Best regards,
Eric

5 years 7 months ago #297215

Hi,

5. We'll look at adding it for the next release of HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ericdewaal

5 years 7 months ago #297218

Hi,

5. And again, thanks a lot in advance.

Getting better all the time!

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds