Report Generation - Item Sales by Date Range, with Tax in separate column.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #299720

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

We are trying to get some very simple reporting of what we sold. I can't seem to configure anything that separates what we need. Do you have a report that can be configured to:

1) Show how many items sold in a date range? It should list the item, how many were sold, and how much tax collected in a separate column

The customer should be able to just go to the report, put in the dates, then have the info show up on screen.

2) When trying to EXPORT, all the data is in 1 column, separated by commas. Nothing lines up, is totaled, or makes any sense at all.

PLEASE HELP! Current report capabilities seem useless, or we are not understanding how to create what we need.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 5 months ago #299733

Hi,

1. I don't see a way to do that in one screen.
The number of items sold for each product is something used for your own statistics, marketing or even inventory.
The taxes collected is something used for tax reporting.
Having a screen to get the taxes collected for each product in a period doesn't usually make sense for tax reporting since normally you just enter the total amount in the papers you give to the administration.
If you want to get a total of the tax collected for each tax rate over a particular period, you can access the "manage tax rates" button of the System>Taxes menu. It's done especially for that.
And if you want to get the number of items sold for each product, you can configure a report in the menu Orders>Reports.
But doing both at the same time is not possible with the default views of HikaShop.

2. That's not a problem of the export. That's a problem of the CSV reader tool you're using (or the way you configured it) which doesn't handle the comma as a separator. If you use LibreOffice (the free equivalent to excel) it will handle the commas properly.
For Excel, it depends on the version you're using, and your locale. So versions handles the comma by default, some the semi colons, and there is usually a setting to change that.
Also, in the HikaShop configuration, there is a setting in the main tab, in the files section to change the CSV separator. So you could change that setting too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rwestpga

5 years 5 months ago #299746

Thanks Nicolas - I'll try to make due with what you have.

For #2, I was able to change the setting to 'comma'. However, the report is setup to show Product Name, Orders, and Total. But after clicking 'Export', the 'Total' column does not transfer. I've attached screenshots. Can this be fixed? Not sure if i'm doing something wrong...

Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #299763

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of all the settings of your report ?

5 years 5 months ago #299802

Sure thing...thx!

Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #299806

Hi,

Ok, I see what you mean.
Well, it's not really a bug. When you select "sales" under the "specific options" area, it gives you the total amount of the sales for the products.
When you select instead "orders", it gives you the quantity. As an added bonus, on the displayed listing, we also display the total amount as we can easily have it, but it's not the focus in such case. That's why it's not included in the CSV export. But we could of course add it to the CSV, it's just a matter of changing a bit the code.
We'll add that for the next version of HikaShop.
If you want to do it before then, you can change the code:

$widget->exportFields=array('order_product_name', 'Total');
to:
$widget->exportFields=array('order_product_name', 'Total');
						}elseif($widget->widget_params->product_data=='orders'){
							$widget->exportFields=array('order_product_name', 'quantity', 'Total');
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/widget.php

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds