Fedex International Ground - Not Working

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 weeks ago #305285

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

The Fedex shipping plugin seems to work flawlessly for all shipping services except Fedex International Ground shipping. I have two of the Fedex shipping methods -- one for US and one for Canada, as the international options will show on US destinations otherwise.

With that being said, here is my config for the Canada version with the results. Again, the international ground is missing:

Let me know what you think or if I am missing something.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 2 weeks ago #305321

Hello,

Can you also show us some screenshots of your products dimensions / weight so that we can directly reproduce, test and debug it on our end ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 weeks ago #305345

Sure thing! Screenshot of product dimensions/weight is below:

Attachments:

5 years 1 week ago #305501

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

We've done a lot of testing regarding the FedEx international ground service and were not able to have the FedEx platform return rates even if our request seemed to be correctly formed and sent to their platform.

The best solution will be to directly contact them regarding that issue to have more information about it, so that we can also fix it on our end.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305508

I have submitted a request asking Fedex to try it on their end to ensure their API is working properly. Surely it has to be an issue on their as only Fedex International Ground seems to be affected.

I will post an update when i receive it.

Thanks for looking into this.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305515

FedEx responded with:

"Thank you for using FedEx Online Support. In answer to your question, I will need to see the transaction you are sending to the FedEx server and the response received to further troubleshoot this issue. If you could please provide the XML or Soap/XML transaction as a .txt or .xml attachment to this email, it would be greatly appreciated."

I am not sure where to obtain this Soap/XML transaction?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 week ago #305553

I found the error in the shipping plugin...

in plugins/hikashopshipping/fedex/fedex.php, line 26 uses

array('key'=>9,'code' => 'FEDEX_INTERNATIONAL_GROUND', 'name' => 'FedEx International Ground'),

However, according to the Fedex Web services documentation, the possible shipping methods/names are:

Therefore, line 26 of the fedex.php file should either be removed or change to:
array('key'=>9,'code' => 'FEDEX_GROUND', 'name' => 'FedEx International Ground'),

I'm not sure what the best method is, but after changing it to FEDEX_Ground, the Fedex Ground display with proper rates to countries outside of the US. Maybe you know of a better way to fix it? Also noticed that it still shows "Fedex Ground" on the frontend in checkout, instead of Fedex International Ground.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

5 years 1 week ago #305620

Hello,

I'm not sure what the best method is, but after changing it to FEDEX_Ground, the Fedex Ground display with proper rates to countries outside of the US

They probably changed it through their last release, we just applied that patch through the last FedEx shipping plugin. Now you'll just have to enable the "FedEx Ground" shipping service and it will work fine.

Thank you for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds