Zone INVALID, reason unknown

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 10 months ago #307545

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Zone INVALID

I am getting Invalid ZONE in the list of shipping methods. There seem not to be anything wrong however

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13059
4 years 10 months ago #307549

Hi,

This indicates that the zone selected in the "zone" setting of your shipping method doesn't exist anymore.
So you should remove it and reselect the zone you recreated for it and save again the method.

4 years 2 months ago #315726

I did so. Also saved it without a zone. Reselected the zone and the same error stays.

So something else is wrong

4 years 2 months ago #315727

I build up the shipping zone from scratch, seems the only way to handle the problem...

4 years 2 months ago #315728

But not all the time. I am keeping having a problem with this even if i build it from scratch

4 years 2 months ago #315729

What reference is used from the Shipping method to the Shipping zone? It may have to do that the names i am using for the shipping zones are pretty much the same

4 years 1 month ago #315762

Hi,

It doesn't use the name but the namekey of the zone which you can't see in the backend. The namekey is geenrated automatically to be unique.
The only reason I could see this would happen with a zone you didn't delete would be if the namekey of the zone starts with a number but that should not be possible because when HikaShop generates the namekey for a new zone, it starts with the type of the zone which is normally a text ( like "shipping", or "country", or "tax", or "state").
So the only reason I could see would be that you imported the zones via your phpmyadmin and filled the namekey with something starting with a number.

4 years 1 month ago #315774

Hi Nicolas,

thank you, however i did not import anything into the database ever. So it has been generated by Hikashop itself.

I have deleted the zones that gave the invald zone message, so i am not sure they are still in the database or just logically deleted.

4 years 1 month ago #315776

Hi,

So now that you deleted them, please recreate them and reselect these new zones in the shipping methods and it should normally work fine.

4 years 1 month ago #315792

Hi,

i did that. In one case however the newly created zone (as default as can be) also gave an invalid zone when attached to the shipping method. I had to do that once again. This suggests that the namekey of shipping zone is not always properly replaced in the shipping method. Maybe depending on how you replace it.

4 years 1 month ago #315793

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem.
So I'm not sure what to say. But well, if it's now working ok, then that's good.
We'll see if others report a similar problem in the future but for now you're the first one.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds