• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309795

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hello,

Currently, on my site, until the user is logged in, all USPS shipping options are hidden.

Problem is, that I also have a local pickup option using the Manual Shipping plugin in HikaShop, and it shows when people are not logged in which is causing a TON of confusion. I cannot find anywhere that allows me to hide that until a user is logged into their account (and in this case in my local area).

How can I do this?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 8 months ago #309806

Hello,

Sure, the solution will be to use Access levels through your manual shipping method configuration page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Shipping methods", and restrict that shipping methods to only logged in user groups.

We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309829

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

Sure, the solution will be to use Access levels through your manual shipping method configuration page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Shipping methods", and restrict that shipping methods to only logged in user groups.

We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Unfortunately that is only showing up if I had the Business Edition which I don't.

It's odd that USPS doesn't show, but Manual does...why is that?

4 years 8 months ago #309850

Hello,

USPS is hidden because it will need a complete shipping address to properly ask to the USPS platform which services will be available for that order and shipping address.

A solution can be to add the "shipping" step just after the "login/address" through your checkout workflow that you can configure via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309879

USPS is hidden because it will need a complete shipping address to properly ask to the USPS platform which services will be available for that order and shipping address.

A solution can be to add the "shipping" step just after the "login/address" through your checkout workflow that you can configure via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Well...it's currently not "right" after login, but it is after it. Please see attached image...does it matter if I were to move it?

Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #309887

Hello,

Yes, the solution will be for example to add login / address in the first step (with the cart to properly summarize your customers orders), and the put the other checkout actions on the second step.
That way, shipping methods will only be searched after properly having your customers account and address information.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309921

Yes, the solution will be for example to add login / address in the first step (with the cart to properly summarize your customers orders), and the put the other checkout actions on the second step.
That way, shipping methods will only be searched after properly having your customers account and address information.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Ahhh...I think I follow you now. I'm going to toy with it on the staging site and see if I can get that to work. So basically each "step" will be another screen...right?

4 years 8 months ago #309949

Hello,

So basically each "step" will be another screen...right?

Yes that's it !

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309967

So basically each "step" will be another screen...right?

Yes that's it !

Huh...I swear I did this setup before, and it did not work, but...it's working right now in test and I like it!

Thank you Mohamed!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

4 years 7 months ago #309968

Hello,

No thank YOU, for your feedback, you really helped us improve the USPS shipping plugin.

We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds