Canada Post Shipping API Change?

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311267

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12.
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : There is no warehouse usable for that location

The Canada Post shipping plugin suddenly stopped working for us. Doing some research led me here and it seems like Canada Post might have changed the API

forums.canadapost.ca/forum/posts/list/15...k35VDp8Tj!-986196654

And this statement:

Dear customer,

CPC's Sell Online application has not been upgraded for a number of years. In a recent review, it was determined to upgrade the application to a new technology platform while addressing an existing security vulnerability, i.e. preventing the use of unsecure TCP requests to perform transactions with the Sell Online application.

We have now completed the upgrade to the application which, functionally, will be completely transparent to you, i.e. you will not see a difference when you use the application. However, the way you access the application through unsecure TCP requests will need to be changed to use secure HTTP(S) requests.

To facilitate your understanding of the nature of the required change, we have provided some sample code and instructions on how to make an HTTP(S) request to the Sell Online application at the link below –

qa-sellonline.canadapost.ca/DevelopersRe...rotocolV3/index.html

We are targeting to cut-over to the new Sell Online application on June 29, 2019, at which point, if you have not upgraded your code to use HTTP(S) requests, TCP-based transactions will be rejected by the new application. Once you upgrade your code, you can safely test it in our testing environment to make sure it works as intended.

Use the following link to test your upgraded code:

qa-sellonline.canadapost.ca/sellonline/Rating

We trust this provides you ample notice to address the security issue and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Angad Chawla at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 289-795-9763.

Thank you for your business.

Does anyone know if this is affecting the hikashop plugin and if so how can I fix this? Having Canada post is very important for me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 6 months ago #311293

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, can you show us some screenshots of how you configured your Canada post through some screenshots ? Thank you.

We wish you a nice day !
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311316

Hmm the strangest thing just happened. It suddenly started working again. Didn't change anything. Weird

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds