Clients set Default Shipping method but not reflecting a frontend

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 6 months ago #312282

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : not error but the issue

Hi,

Can you plz tell me why customers always "see use address same as billing" checked and they dont see their default set shipping address automatically selected, plz let me know how to fix this, since i tried to recode some part but that also does not work,

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 6 months ago #312291

Hi,

I'm not sure what is the problem you're talking about.
I tried to access your website to check on the problem but the URL you gave didn't work:
monosnap.com/file/CJp6h8NhwaxicFBaUlSqp53Dq1V0pA
Could you provide more information on the situation (like screenshots) and instructions to reproduce the issue on your website so that we can better understand what's going on and what is your problem ?

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 6 months ago #312322

there was some server issue, so you may not have been able to access website, but its working at the moment,

still here are the screenshots..

in this screenshot, you see i have set different shipping address as default, prntscr.com/pmoo5q

but when login to frontend, and going forward to checkout, it is defaulting to "Use same as billing address" with checked, which i do not want, people complaining about it, even if they set different shipping address, they have to uncheck everytime the checkbox you see in screenshot attached and select shipping address.

So need to make so that if there is default shipping address set by people, then check box should not be checked and default shipping address should be automatically selected.

let me know if that can be done,

Thank you.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 6 months ago #312326

Hi,

Looking at your website, I can see that you're using the legacy checkout. That checkout dates from several years ago, before we were even thinking about splitting the billing and shipping addresses into different types of adresses with the possibility of having a different default one for each type.
I would recommend to turn off the "checkout legacy" setting in your HikaShop configuration in order to use the new checkout system.
It should then work better.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds