Sendle Shipping Method not working

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 10 months ago #319227

Hi
I cannot find what the issue is with Sendle shipping method not showing on the front-end in checkout. All I get is the message "Shipping Method Not Found" When I turn on errors I get.

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in .../plugins/hikashopshipping/plg_softwarehtecsendle/plg_softwarehtecsendle.php on line 291

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
.../plugins/hikashopshipping/plg_softwarehtecsendle/plg_softwarehtecsendle.php on line 117

I copied from a previous website where it works - there is no change to the products on the site. I have no restrictions set. If I switch on the Australia Post plugin then I see that shipping method - so not sure why Sendle does not work.

Am I missing something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
3 years 10 months ago #319237

Hi,

Well, that plugin was not developed by us. So the best would be to contact the developer of the plugin on:
www.softwarehtec.com/project/joomla-hika...dle-shipping-method/

I checked the code and I can see several things which could make the plugin not display shipping methods:
- if you didn't login or fill in the guest login form
- if your shipping address's country is not australia
- if your shipping address's post code is missing or not correct
- if the dimensions or weight of the products in the cart are not set
- the plugin is creating a "address_suburb" custom address field when you configure it. This field needs to be activated and filled in your shipping address as Sendle needs it to calculate the shipping fee

So please review these, and if you think it's all correct, I would recommend to contact Software HTec.

Regarding the error messages you get, it looks like it's because no rates are found that the errors happens. I would suggest to report these error messages back to Software HTec in any case so that they can fix them.

3 years 10 months ago #319274

Thanks

All the settings you mentioned are correct - so will contact the developer.

Testing it by logging in as a guest. With the address details that you need to fill out, at the very bottom after Country field, it puts the Suburb field in again. Would this be the custom field that this plugin has or are you talking about that custom field being in the admin site.

I am wondering then why the suburb field is appearing twice on the guest login form?

3 years 10 months ago #319287

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. There should only be one address_suburb field of the table "address". And the registration / guest form will display the address fields only twice each: one for the billing address and one for the shipping address (if shipping is necessary).

3 years 10 months ago #319331

Hi

EDIT: Disregard the additional suburb field - was a custom field - but not sure why I had one in for a second suburb.
Removing it didn't help the Sendle plugin work. And not heard back from developer yet.

Another question on the login form or address forms, is the country field required - can it be hidden.

Can we default the states field to a Please Select.... option?

Or better still, can we use an address validator - is there a plug-in for this sort of thing. Many shipping sites in Australia use these - makes it quicker for the customer to fill in and the address is usually always valid.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Huski. Reason: Found the reason for the second suburb field.

3 years 10 months ago #319338

Hi,

I think that the issue is that you change the name of the address_street custom field to "Suburb" instead of "Street" in the Display>Custom fields menu.
Now maybe you don't need that field. In that case, you could disable it.

3 years 10 months ago #319382

Hi,

1. The country field is not required by HikaShop. You can disable it in the Display>Custom fields menu. Note however that your shipping plugin or your payment plugin might require it.

2. And yes, you can default the "state" field to "please select". For that, edit the address_state custom field via the Display>Custom fields menu and activate the "Add a 'Please select' value" setting.

3. There is no "address validator" plugin. However, there is an address auto fill plugin available :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/247-address-auto-fill.html

3 years 10 months ago #319542

Thanks Nicolas.

1 and 2 sorted.

With no.3 it looks it is using google to auto fill which is no good for addresses in Australia as it gets quite a lot of lookups wrong.

Ideally could use the free plan using addressfinder.com.au/features/

Any idea on how hard it would be to implement that - as in cost?

3 years 10 months ago #319543

Hi Nicolas,

You mention previously
"- the plugin is creating a "address_suburb" custom address field when you configure it. This field needs to be activated and filled in your shipping address as Sendle needs it to calculate the shipping fee"

I see that - I did remove this as wondered why it was there and there were two suburb fields showing on the shipping address form.
If I reinstall the sendle plugin and that custom field comes back - I will have 2 suburb fields showing again - Hikashop has an address_city field which I label Suburb as that is what we class as City in Australia.

I am confused as to what happens in the tables. If I use the Sendle Plug-in and disable the address_city field, will this affect anything else in Hikashop at all. I wonder why the city field wasn't used in the Sendle plugin in the first place.

3 years 10 months ago #319547

Hi,

If you disable the suburb field that the plugin needs then it will indeed be problematic. That would explain why the plugin doesn't work.
I don't know why the plugin adds its own field and why it doesn't use the city field.
If both fields are redundant but that the plugin needs the suburb one and not the address_city, then yes, you should deactivate the address_city one and keep the plugin's.
And if you want to know why it's like that, I'm afraid you'll have to contact the developer of the plugin.
I see they have a "need service" form on their page. Maybe that would incentivise them to answer you.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333206

The developer of the Sendle plugin is no longer contactable. The plugin works fine, returns the shipping amount from sendle but for some reason blocks the checkout from proceeding to the final step. Has anyone managed to get the plugin working or have any idea what might need changing to make it work?

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by rodfarrell.

2 years 9 months ago #333230

Hi,

I looked at the code of the plugin and I don't see a reason why it would block the checkout.
The only potential issue I can see is with the shippingMethods function there which tries to use data not defined by the plugin and which could lead in issues in the backend on dropdowns to select that shipping method or display its name.
So I don't think it's related to your issue.
Are you sure that you don't have other restrictions or settings which would block the checkout ?

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333342

If I switch to another shipping plugin the checkout completes ok but wont go to the final checkout page with Sendle enabled. It selects the shipping amount OK. It just returns to the same page and no order is recorded. I'll investigate the settings further to see if I had a brain fade.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds