State of Ohio excluded mysteriously from shipping options

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319759

-- url of the page with the problem -- : educationlaw.org/store/bookstore-home
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.918

We have the U.S. zone set up as a shipping option. All has been working well for a long time. However we noticed recently that for some reason the system stopped charging shipping to customers living in the state of Ohio. Ohio is the home location of the client business: Education Law Association. Only for Ohio purchasers do we charge sales tax. Only for Ohio is shipping charges being excluded. What setting would cause one state - Ohio - to be exempt? I am happy to provide admin access. I'm certain this is a configuration error - not a system fault.
Thank you!
-Jim Gribble
Javelin Communications
For Education Law Association, USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 10 months ago #319777

Hi,

First, the system shouldn't let you checkout without a shipping method. So please make sure you didn't remove the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" setting under the Checkout tab which enforces that.
Second, it's possible that you removed the Ohio state from the US zone via the menu System>Zones. So I would recommend to check that.
Also, I would recommend to check your shipping methods to make sure that you have the correct zone selected in them.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319802

Hi Nicolas,
First, thanks for the quick reply and I hope you are well.
All the things you mentioned were on my checklist and I couldn't see anything wrong. When you confirmed my protocol, I looked up some of the problematic orders. This site is substantially self-managed by my client. I try my best to police their work. In this case, one or more products was updated without making sure to input a weight value. System therefore did not know to apply shipping. It was treated as a virtual product. So now they should be good to go again. Thank you.
-JG

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

3 years 10 months ago #319807

Hi,

If you want to enforce that, you can create a mass action so that when a product is created or updated with a weight of 0, the weight is set to 1. That will prevent the possibility to have a product without weight in the future.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319830

Thanks for that tip, hadn't thought of it. Can mass action be applied to categories? We do have some virtual products which are exempt from shipping. For example, the association has a big annual event. It's pretty complicated to sign up, so we use Form Maker for registration and Hikashop for checkout. There also are some webinars and seminars etc.
Best,
-Jim G.

3 years 10 months ago #319835

Hi,

Yes, you can have a filter on the category of the products. However, you can only do the check against one category per filter and filters have an AND logic.
So you can either have :
category_id != XXX AND category_id != YYY
or:
category_id = ZZZ

But you can't have :
category_id = AAA OR category_id = BBB

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds