Block U.K. Shipping

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328629

Due to the recent events surrounding the U.K. VAT issues for shipping from the U.S., I may need to make the decision to stop shipping to the U.K.

Problem is...after searching these forums, the answer on how is not easy.

I have almost 3,000 products, so setting up a shipping block would be painful.

How can I do this easily? Why isn't there an option on zones such as 'all zones except...' then an entry box below allowing you to pick excluded countries for the shipping plug-in? This would allow on the fly changes.

Please...someone help out asap...I need to put this in right away until a more permanent solution to this shipping issue is resolved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
3 years 2 months ago #328643

Hi,

Create a zone of the type "shipping" via the System>Zones menu and add to it all the countries you want to ship to.
You can easily select them all in the selection popup by increasing the pagination, filtering to countries only, and using the global checkbox at the top of the listing to select all the countries and then validating. And then, you just have to remove the ones you don't want from the list.
Then, in your shipping methods settings in the menu System>Shipping methods, you can select that new zone in the "zone" restriction setting and the shipping methods will only be available for the countries in that shipping zone.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328658

OK...let me give that a shot, sounds simple enough. Thank you very much!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328693

Nicolas...fantastic sir! That works perfectly...thank you very much. It was MUCH easier than what I was finding here in searches.

Hopefully...this whole issue will get resolved soon.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds