Advice on US taxation

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 10 months ago #270162

Does anybody have first hand experience of Sales Tax in Hikashop to sell to customers in the USA? I am aware there is Taxcloud and Avala tax integration available as configuring and maintaining this manually would appear to be a full time job.

I wondered if anybody who has already been down this route would have advice on pitfalls or problems they had encountered? Not looking for detailed technical info, more along the lines of "yes it works, go for it " or "the mistake we made was..." type advice.

Thanks!

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 10 months ago #270178

Hi, Ian -

My company is the official Avalara partner and wrote the certified AvaTax Connector for HikaShop. It works quite well but yes, there are some important things to know about how it works before deciding.

As part of our partnership with Avalara and HikaShop, we provide free technical support for the AvaTax Connector extension. I'll be happy to chat with you for a few minutes by phone to answer any questions. We're a USA company and are very familiar with USA tax issues, particularly the pitfalls of relying upon zip codes for tax rates (which is not correct).

Our phone number is easily found at the top of our website, PolishedGeek.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,
~ Deb

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 10 months ago #270179

By the way, I took a peek and your Artist Papers HikaShop site is beautiful! A very creative use of HikaShop. Bravo.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

6 years 10 months ago #270180

Hi Deb,

Thank you for replying so promptly, I have been looking at your plugin which drew my attention to Avalara.

I am in the UK, can I Skype you, save the cost of an international call?

My skype user is ianestm

Many thanks,

Ian

6 years 10 months ago #270181

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds