Taxcloud stopped working

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297587

Taxcloud?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297636

Still waiting on a reply on this from taxcloud (either here or in their support system).

Taxcloud Please. It has been over a week. below is what we are still waiting on. Additional details in your support system. I'm only asking here because you seem to be more responsive on this forum:

There are a couple more VISA card transactions that need to have the tax removed:
2749 for $10,760 ($591.80 in tax needs to be removed)
2747 for $110 ($6.05 in tax needs to be removed)

Additional questions/issues:

2) There still seems to be a shipping tax charge coming through on some orders. A recent one is Order# 2769. On this one there were 2 lines for shipping. Both were marked 10010, but one ended up having $.56 in tax being collected (see attached). Any ides why this occurred? This amount will need to be removed.

3) For the transactions that were missed, we manually entered them in (from May - July orders 2600 -2708). How is this going to affect our reports and liability in Taxcloud? Will it all roll into August or do we need to regenerate the previous months?

4) We still need to update/add orders 2599 - 2522 to be captured (that are all 'payment confirmed' or 'shipped' in Hikashop - but not 'captured' in Taxcloud). The reason we have been entering them manually is that the order numbers in Taxcloud for authorizations do not seem to match the order numbers in Hikashop until after the order captures. Also, the totals are incorrect (see below) so finding them is difficult. Is there a way of finding the matching authorized transaction and capturing these so we don't have to manually enter the rest?

5) $1 authorizations. In Taxcloud there are charges for $1 that appear in authorizations (tic_rate_0 00000 $ 1.00) that seem to drop off once captured. Is this correct?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297826

Nicolas, I'm sorry to post this here, but I'm not sure what else to do. Do you happen to have any alternative way to contact taxcloud? Over the past 3 weeks I have opened tickets in their helpdesk, called and left messages, and reached out to them on this forum. So far there has been no response from taxcloud.

Historically, we have had good luck with taxcloud support. However, the last 3 weeks without a response is unacceptable to the point that we are exploring other possibilities to track our tax liability. If you know of any other way to get in contact with taxcloud support it would be appreciated.

Taxcloud - if you are listening - I am waiting for your response on this ticket: service.taxcloud.net/hc/en-us/requests/16513

It has been 3 weeks and our tax liability in your system is more than $600 off. We need you to, at the very least, update it so this amount is correct so I can have our accounting department move forward with running the reports. There are other questions as well that we need to be answered so we can move forward.

• Thank you received: 14
5 years 6 months ago #297829

Hey Dustin,

This makes no sense, we have expanded our support staff, including real-time chat.

I just reviewed the ticket (thanks for that) and all of those questions should have been answered easily.

My guess (which is no excuse) is that with all the new staff and “machinery” being deployed, your question had so many facets, it wasn’t easily categorized, and so ended up somewhere with clearly inadequate oversight.

I am on it now, and expect an update to try your TC ticket tomorrow, and to this ticket soon after.

Thank you again.

-David

TaxCloud is the internet's only free sales tax service.
Learn more at taxcloud.com
Support available via service.taxcloud.net or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297922

Thank you taxcloud. I look forward to your reply.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297958

Taxcloud: Really need an update before the weekend.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298035

Taxcloud: Where are you? You said 5 days ago you were taking care of this and would update the ticket "tomorrow"

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298091

Nicolas (or anyone at HikaShop). Still no response from taxcloud since their last post here. Do you know of any alternatives to Taxcloud that integrate with Hikashop? I'm not sure what is going on with Taxcloud lately, but their support is unacceptable. We have about $50,000 per month in transactions with monthly tax responsibilities. We can't be waiting weeks before issues are resolved.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 6 months ago #298092

Hello,

In the HikaShop documentation, under "integration", you can find two solutions for "external services taxes" : TaxCloud (in HikaShop packages) and Avalara (by Polished Geek)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds