TaxCloud Notice on Checkout Step 2

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297965

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$order_status in /home/devidall/public_html/plugins/hikashop/taxcloud.php on line 354

With TaxCloud debug on
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in home/devidall/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helpers.php on line 864

I was getting a TaxCloud Notice on my website. I thought updating my Joomla and Hikashop to the most recent version would take care of it but I am still getting the notice.

After a user pays on my site and on the checkout step 2, I am getting a TaxCloud Notice:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$order_status in /home/devidall/public_html/plugins/hikashop/taxcloud.php on line 354

I turned on debug on the TaxCloud plugin and then I receive this error:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in home/devidall/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helpers.php on line 864

Please advise.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 7 months ago #298007

Hi,

The notice message with the TaxCloud plugin is not really an error. Just a check is missing to avoid the notice message but it doesn't change the behavior of the plugin and normally, the notices aren't supposed to be displayed on a live website for security reasons.
Still, I've added a patch to avoid that.
The fatal error comes from something trying to display an error message with a wrong formatting.
I've also added a patch on our end so that error messages with a wrong formatting are discarded to avoid similar fatal errors.
Donwload the install package on our website and install it on yours to get these patches.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298032

Great. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds