Is it possible to make a coupon get rid of the tax on an order?

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 10 months ago #307433

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to get coupons to get rid of taxes. Basically we have some people that don't have to pay taxes and get a discount. We don't have a login system and we get little enough orders to check if the coupon has been used by one of the people that is allowed to.
I have been searching for a while and playing with some settings, but I can't find a straight forward way of doing this.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
4 years 10 months ago #307442

Hi,

Well, the best would be to create a custom field of the table "order" and develop a small plugin to check what is entered in that field and modify the taxes of the cart to 0 by implementing one of the triggers when the cart is being loaded.
That would be the smoothest way of doing it. You could even allow people to use coupons separatly to that system.
Now regarding just coupons, if you have a fixed tax rate, you can enter the same value in the percentage field of the coupon, and if you turn off the taxes of the coupon, you should hopefully get something correct.
Maybe AWOCoupon (which integrates with HikaShop for more complex coupons) might have a better solution for that. So it's worth checking out with them.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 10 months ago #307473

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for you answer. I will check AWOCoupon out and if it doesn't have the feature I need I will write a plugin

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds