Showing different prices because of different tax rules per zone

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #308325

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hi,

I have products that need to be sold in Europe and in the USA. For Europe I need to add 21% tax, but for the US, I do not have to add taxes.
I added 2 tax rules to the Default Tax Category, one for Belgium with 21% and one for the US with tax exempt.
When I add 2 different prices with different currencies (euro and USD), tax is added to both and not just to the Belgian one. I suspect this happens because Hikashop does not know at this point what the location of the buyer is, but I would still like to show the correct prices (with or without tax) when people switch the currency with the relevant module.

Is this possible?
Cheers,

BC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 9 months ago #308328

Hi,

The taxes are based on the location of the customer, not on the currency.
What you can do is setup the geolocation plugin so that when the customer arrives on the shop, the country of the customer is automatically detected and the currency is set for him:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-geolocation.html
If you want to change the location of the customer based on the currency selected, that would require some custom development.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #308380

Nicolas,

the GeoIP plugin sounds like what I need, I will try it soon. I suppose it can also help in dynamically show the shipping cost or does that rely really on the visitor loggin in?

Cheers,
BC

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 9 months ago #308389

Hi,

It depends. If your shipping method requires the address of the customer to calculate the shipping rates, then that won't help.
But if it only requires the address country (because you're using manual shipping methods with the "zone" restriction) then the geolocation plugin will indeed help show the accurate shipping costs before logging in.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds