Namekey + Exempt + Customer type + parent Tax category > questions

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 1 month ago #316253

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 80

Hi guys, Please:

1 - System > Taxes > Manage Rates > edit: How can I modify the Tax namekey (to remember the use of the tax rate) ?
I'm having back it not editable , What am I missing ?

2 - System > Taxes : In Panama there is an exemption (0%) for the intangible assets. Anyway the Government ask to report “Exempt” on the invoice. So, Should I have to create a new Tax Rule with the Tax “VAT Exempt” into a new “Exempt” Tax Category OR the “None” Tax category (Orders without tax outside EU / Orders without tax inside EU) is yet the case ?

3 - How to add a new Customer type ?
(In Panama sometimes there are some special treatments for government agencies)

4 - Please Where can I read more, having back some examples, about How to use (when is useful) the "parent category" Tax categories ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 1 month ago #316280

Hi,

1. The namekey was never editable. You need to create a new tax rate with the namekey you want, and change the selected tax rate in your tax rules after that to use the new tax rate.

2. Yes, you need to create a "VAT exempt" tax rate and configure a tax rule for that area and that tax rate for the same tax category that you already configured in your other tax rules.

3. There is no option to add new customer types. What I would recommend in that case is not to use the customer type setting but instead the "access level" setting and configure the "user group after registration" setting of the HikaShop configuration to be based on a customer user field that you would configure so that the user could select himself his user group after the registration so that the tax rules would apply to him based on his user group.

4. There is no useful case for that. That's something which was never touched since the beginning of HikaShop as no one never mention something which could require using it. I would recommend to just not touch it.

4 years 1 month ago #316312

Hi Nicolas,

1 - 3 - Thanks

2 - Please, How to report “Exempt” on the invoice when that Tax Rule has been selected ?
As far as I know, there is no a "title" Tax Rule language string and only the field content "0%" would be reported into the invoice...

4 - So, as far as I understand, there is no any relation with the Products Categories and you are suggesting me (that having for example):
- Products > Foods: Tax 10%
- Products > Foods > Alcohol (strongdrink): Tax 15%

To do not build parents categories like:
- Tax Category > Foods: Tax 10%
- Tax Category > Foods > Alcohol (strongdrink): Tax 15%

But build them as:
- Tax Category > Foods: Tax 10%
- Tax Category > Alcohol (strongdrink): Tax 15%

Did I get it right ?

4 years 1 month ago #316321

Hi,

2. The tax rate namekey is displayed on the invoice, next to the tax amount before the payment fee and the grand total.
So I'm not sure what you mean ?

4. Yes that's correct.

4 years 1 month ago #316326

Hi Nicolas,
4 - Thanks. So, the Tax parent category is quite "deprecated"

2 - That's the question. Let me say:

- The Taxes Rates define the namekey + the tax % - Except for the European speech that has been defined with the countries in brackets like: VAT (FR) - the logic would say to create a Tax Rate for each % - Like: Exempt 0% OR IVA 20% etc.

- The Tax Rules define the use of a Tax Rate (%) each time we use it, setting all the conditions. So for example I could have:
---- Tax Rule conditions in Panama and its Tax Category with Tax Rate: Exempt 0%
---- Tax Rule conditions in France and its Tax Category with Tax Rate: Exempt 0%

So:

1 - the one reported on the invoice should be the "Tax Rule" (namekey) field (that could be like a Title Tax Rule field, a small description) and not the "Tax Rate namekey".
This because I can need to show a different description on the invoice like, for example in my case, if it through the Tax Rule 0% Panama I need to show "ITMBS Exempto", while if it through the Tax Rule 0% France I need to show on the invoice "IVA Exempt" etc., there are a lot of cases.
Without this first point we are forced to create a lot of unless Tax Rates with the same % ...

2 - The "Tax Rule" (namekey) field reported on the invoice should be through a Language string (to have that field translatable in a multilanguage site point of view)

3 - Right now I cannot edit the Tax Rate namekey, but if I create a new one with the same namekey of an existing one, with a different Tax %, the old namekey value is overwritten.

4 years 1 month ago #316344

Hi,

4. It's not really that it's deprecated. Just that it's useless so far.

2.1. and 2.2. So your question is about translation of the namekey ! In that case, no problem. You can just enter a translation key as the namekey of your tax rate (for example MY_TAX_RATE) and then add the translation key to your language files override like this:
MY_TAX_RATE="My VAT"

2.3. Yes, you can only have one tax rate with the same namekey.

4 years 1 month ago #316371

Hi Nicolas,

2.1 - 2.2 - what you suggested is not enough do not solve completely the issue, it should be applied on Tax Rule. Let me explain:
- You created the Tax Rate to have a tax rate % for each value (0%, 17%, 19%, 20% etc.) and, as you wrote, for each one we have a fixed namekey.
- Then, you created the Tax Rules to apply the Tax Rates to Tax Categories in different conditions. So, can happen to have 3 different Tax Rules that are using the same Tax Rate (on different conditions):
--- Tax Rule 1: Taxe Rate A% + Tax Category F + conditions
--- Tax Rule 2: Taxe Rate A% + Tax Category G + conditions
--- Tax Rule 3: Taxe Rate A% + Tax Category Y + conditions

So:
A - your workaround, to add a language string, should be done on Tax Rule (this is I suggested to add like a "Title" Tax Rule field), NOT on Tax Rate (namekey). Because, on invoice I should detail why (usually one word) the IVA % is applied to that product.
B - Otherwise, if I am forced to duplicate the Tax Rates for the same %, have no sense to have the Taxe Rates and you could deprecate that feature by adding a % field just into the Tax Rule

2.3 - So, the fact that I cannot edit the Tax Rate namekey, but if I create a new one with the same namekey of an existing one, with a different Tax %, the old namekey value is overwritten... Is it running as expected ?

4 years 1 month ago #316372

HI,

I don't understand why you would need to display another text for the same percentage for different orders besides a translation issue.
Could you provide a concrete example ?
Also, having several tax rules using the same tax rate is useful. That's because on the tax rates listing, you can get the total tax amount for a period for each tax rate. That avoids having to sum different tax rate total tax amount to get the real total.

2.3 As I said in my previous message, the namekey is unique for tax rates. Like you can't have different products with the same product code. So we could improve the situation and refuse the save if it's a new tax rate and display an error message instead of updating the tax rate. I suppose it would be cleaner. But the fact that you can't have several tax rates with the same namekey is done on purpose.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds