TAX not working correctly

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321984

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up the TAX - whatever I do it doesn't seem to work correctly.

Please see attahced config.

Default Tax category should:

Apply 20% tax to all of Europe UNLESS you hare a company with VAT in which case 0 VAT. However UK its 20% regardless.

I have set the tax to apply to shipping address - but it seems company name and VAT settings are from billing. So if you change the company name and vat on shipping it only changes if your billing details are changed.

Any ideas please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 9 months ago #321999

Hi,

Make sure that the setting "Type of address used for tax" of the HikaShop configuration is set to "shipping" so that it takes into account the shipping address.
Also, there were no attachments in your message so I don't know how you setup your tax rules. So I can't say much more.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #322010

Sorry please see attached

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 9 months ago #322013

Hi,

So I don't think that the problem is that the system uses the billing address.
However, I see two potential problems:
- You're using the "Europe" zone. Make sure that the UK is not in the list of sub zones of that Europe zone via the menu System>Zones. Otherwise, that tax rule will be valid for users in the UK.
- Your second tax rule is for another tax category. So if your products are all linked to the "default VAT" tax category, that tax rule will never apply.

Besides that, it seems ok.
If you really see the tax change when you change the billing address and not change when you change the shipping address, then I don't see how that's possible. Please double check and if you're able to reproduce the issue, please provide a link to the shop and precise instructions to reproduce the issue.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds