Multiple tax categories on products?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 years 5 months ago #324460

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.10

Hi. I have 2 tax rates that are applied to products based on billing location. My problem is that these rates are only applied if the purchased products' tax category is that rate's tax category, meaning only one tax rate can be applied per product. I have tried assigning both tax categories to a parent and then assigning that parent to the products but then no tax rates apply. How do I make multiple tax rates eligible to be applied to my products?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 5 months ago #324471

Hi,

You can only have one tax category assigned to a product.
However, you can have several tax rates apply to the same tax category by creating one tax rule per tax rate for that tax category.
In the tax rules, you need to turn on the "cumulative" setting so that instead of selecting automatically one tax rate among the matching tax rules, the system will add them all to the price of the product.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 years 5 months ago #324510

Hi nicolas,

Thank you for your response. I have done this and it almost works. My problem now is that when I switch billing addresses between the two zones that correspond with the two tax rates, the tax rate at the bottom of the cart summary stays the same. It's only when I select a billing address outside of the two zones, the tax rate disappears, then I reselect a tax-eligible address, the correct tax rate comes up. Even then it only works for that one address. I if I select another, the same thing keeps happening. Is this a bug or a config problem?

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 5 months ago #324513

Hi,

It will be hard to say without some screenshots of how you configured your tax rules and a link to the shop with precise instructions to reproduce the problem (what product to add, what address to use etc).
If you want to provide that privately, you can use our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds