VAT added to company in EU.

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 11 months ago #332039

-- url of the page with the problem -- : skalarki-electronics.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2

Hi

I am trying to setup two different ways of shipping methods to EU. We are UK based shop.
B2C
- DDP which allows customer to pay all the taxes to my shop, then he doesn't need to bother any customs related tasks as we will sort all out. So this part works. I managed to set different taxes for each EU country (using goods & Services plugin) and I can add correct tax to the total at the checkout.
B2B
- DAP procedure, where customer will take care about all the taxes regardless it is a VAT registered business or not. So the problem is that tax is always added to the business customer. I did try all what I could with no success.

For testing I am using Germany User Address for Invoicing and Shipping.

I don't know as well how to create second mentioned shipping method and assign it to Business customer.

Thanks in advance for hints.

I am fighting with this whole day and it doesn't work for some reason for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 11 months ago #332043

Hi,

In your "tax rules", you have a setting "client type" you can use to set it to "individuals" so that companies won't be charged taxes.
Then, you need to make sure you enable the "address_company" custom field in the Display>Custom fields menu so that customers can enter their company name if any. In that case, when the address_company field is filled in the address, the user will be considered a company and the tax rules won't apply to him.

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 11 months ago #332068

I think I have it working now correctly.
Thanks Nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds