Canadian Taxes

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard
2 years 9 months ago #333737

Hi,

Been a while since I set up taxes, so I wanted to check that I have this right!

Since every province has a different tax rate, I've set up the default as zero, and then each province and territory as cumulative, linked to the zone.

Some vendors on my site might not charge any taxes, so they will still have the option to use None on the Hiakmarket Vendor product page.

Just wanted to check that my thinking is correct here though. Based on where the order is placed, it will take default (0) plus each cumulative tax that is set for that region?

See attached screenshot.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 9 months ago #333739

Hi,

That looks correct yes.
I see that you have an empty tax category and the "default tax category" in your tax rules.
I don't know what you have as available tax categories.
I suppose that you have the "default tax category" and another one and that the vendor can switch between both.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard
2 years 9 months ago #333744

Canadian taxes are weird, which is why I set it up that way.

Some provinces have GST plus PST, others have no GST and have a combined tax called HST. So I made the default zero, and then each of the taxes that apply per region as cumulative taxes. Seemed like the logical way to do it!

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 9 months ago #333746

Hi,

Yes, that looks fine.
Taxes are weird everywhere. In the EU too, you have to charge different taxes for different EU countries, and you have overseas territories with special rules different for each territory, and you have thresholds to apply taxes or not, etc. And worst is that the rules change frequently. It's a whole mess.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds