Taxes with and without a EU Vat Number

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334583

-- url of the page with the problem -- : kkspshop.com

May could you help me ?

What do i wrong , i have added different Tax Rules since it change for every Country.

See screenshot

Second Screenshot i have 0 % rule which should JUST work for ppl with a EU Vat Number, and now my question on the Checkout while a EU Vat number is entered, i still get some VAT on ? How can i remove the Vat while a EU vat number is added ?

My wish would be that Hungary have 27% still even when added a Vat number and all other EU countries when added a EU Vat Number that there is no vat calculated. But i seems to do something wrong :(

What do i wrong ?

|| Edit21.7.2021 //07.57PM || I guess i have the way but iam still not sure

See screenshot Taxation, so do i need to edit every single Country ?

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Lilithay. Reason: Added Some text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 9 months ago #334590

Hi,

First, you don't need a tax rule for 0% tax, since when no tax rule apply, products won't get any tax added.
So the tax rule with the 0% tax rate can be deleted.
Second, yes, for all the other tax rules, besides the one for Hungary, you want to select "individual" and "company without vat number" in the client type setting so that the tax only apply to them.
Companies with a vat number will automatically see no taxes in that case, unless they are in hungary, where they will pay the normal rate.
Also, beware of the "Type of address used for tax" setting in the HikaShop configuration as the system can use either the shipping or the billing address based on what you select in that setting.

2 years 9 months ago #334601

So i have changed all too, see screenshot..
Deleted the 0% Tax Rule.

Hungary should still have VAT on doesnt matter if they add a VAT Number...
Hungary is set to All customers types ? Is that correct ?

i dont understand i have when i check out WITH a german Vat it shows a hungarian vat on, usual there should be WITH EU Vat Number no Taxation on the checkout.

Hungary still have VAt on with Vat Number which is good, but all other EU countries should not have Vat on while added a Eu Vat Number.

In the backend its set on Billing Adress yet, but might change to Shipping adress but that is not the issue :)

Germany No Vat count the 19% thats cool, not cool is when i add in the Billing/Shipping adresse the Vat Number it want to add a Hungarian Vat ? But why ? Tax Zones is Hungary also active.

dont work :(

But Why ?

just to be clear, we want that all those countries pay THEIR tax ....%...
For Hungary it is 27% and should be always apply even when added a EU vat Number.
But all other countries with Vat number should be the minus Tax in the checkout.

Setting is adjusted to the billing adresse, but for some reason it shows the Hungarian Tax rule which is set to all costumers to (all costumers types). Even with a selcted German Adresse with a German Valid VAT number.

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Lilithay.

2 years 9 months ago #334605

Hi,

Yes, the tax rule for Hungary should be set to all customer types.

Checking your screenshots, I can see that your tax rule for the "HU VAT" tax rate isn't restricted to the Hungary country zone. That's why it will apply even for customers with their address in Germany. So you need to edit that tax rule and select the Hungary country zone in the "zone" setting of the tax rule.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lilithay

2 years 9 months ago #334606

Oh boy iam Blind, super easy....

Well i guess Thank You :) Question, when i change the Taxation from the Billing adresse to Shipping adresse will the shop check if the Shipping adresse have a EU Vat number or just only from the Billing Adresse ?

Best thanks,

You are such a huge help thanks!

2 years 9 months ago #334608

Hi,

When selecting a tax rule to apply, the system will first check that setting so that it can use either the selected shipping address or the selected billing address.
Then, the customer type is defined based on wether the customer has filled the address_company and address_vat fields of that address only. And that's the same for the zone setting of your tax rules. It will match with the address_state and address_country fields of that address only.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds