JS err when trying to vote "useful" for a comment

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 2 months ago #143818

Hi there,

I am running on the most current hikashop and I get the following JS error when trying to up vote a comment.
> Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null.

I also get the same problem with the hikashop demo site. Any idea what's going on?

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by kenneth.er.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
10 years 2 months ago #144112

Hi,

Can you please download again the installation package on our website and install it again ?
If that still doesn't help, can you provide a link to the page with the issue ?

10 years 2 months ago #144113

I can do that, but will it overrides all of my settings?

But do you also know, this problem could also be found in your demo shop.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...at&Itemid=70&lang=en

I get the same JS error as my site.

10 years 2 months ago #144227

It won't override your settings.

I know that there was the same error on our demo website. You wrote it in your first message.
It's already fixed on the master website of the demo website but it will only appear fixed for you on the demo website when the demo website is reset.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kenneth.er

10 years 2 months ago #144242

Thanks. I will reinstall the package later. Will let you know again, regardless of the outcome.

Well, since you didn't ack it in your prev message, I thought you might have missed it. Haha. Good to know the problem is fixed.

10 years 2 months ago #144249

Hi Nicolas,

Good thing is that it works after I have reinstalled it but only when I set the option "Users must be registered to note other comments" to no. However, I only want registered user to vote, so I turned it On and I get the "You need to register to vote" prompt.
Looking at the JS, the hikashop_vote_user_id variable was declared as " ". I have noticed the same case in the demo shop as well. Please have a look at my website and see if things are in order?

P.S. I have PM-ed you my website link because it still under development, so I don't want it to be shared publicly yet. Thank you for your help!

10 years 2 months ago #144270

Hi,

It's normal that you can't thumb up/down votes when not registered and that you get this prompt if you turn on the option "Users must be registered to note other comments"

10 years 2 months ago #144271

Hi,

Pardon me for not being clear enough. I logged into a different account from the one that I used to create the comment, and tried to up vote my comment. The result is still the same, I still get the prompt.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 1 month ago #145635

Hi,

Actually it's the way it's working, we check the current user on the username and on the IP.
So you can't up/down a vote based on the same computer.

I add in the TODO list to improve this part of the comments.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kenneth.er

10 years 1 month ago #145642

Ahh... That make sense.. Thanks for the feedback! But I still can't get vote to works only for registered user, even when they log in from different place/comp. The returned msg is "You must be registered in order to post a vote".

Anyway, I kept the option "Users must be registered to note other comments" off, else none of my users can vote. At the very least, same user from the same comp can't double vote. :whistle:

Yeah, it will be nice to see some improvements on that and maybe get ride of the JS err msg.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds