add to wishlist is adding product to cart

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #270403

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2

hi, i got a weird problem and i appreciate if you could help me,

when i'm using the theme i'm developing add to wish list is adding the product to cart.
when i user Joomla default theme adding wishlist is not working.
when i turn off legacy add to cart add to cart and add to wish list is not working at all!

any idea?

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nic7071.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #270432

Hello,

You have two JS erros in your websites ; these two errors might have side effect on the Javascript and specially on the HikaShop javascript.
It could explain why the "add to cart" is not working with the new system.
Afterwards, the legacy system has not really changed between HikaShop 2.6 and HikaShop 3.x ; the goal of that legacy system is to provide the same interface and the same features so customisations made for HikaShop 2.6 would continue to work.

Now in your website, if I click on "add to wishlit", I do have a popup telling me that I need to be logged to use the wishlist.
So it tells me that HikaShop knows that the product should be added into the wishlist.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 10 months ago #270447

hello Jerome,
Thanks for your reply, may i ask you to give me a hint of the js error or a clue on how to begin fixing them?
cause i cannot detect any of those errors you mentioned.

i really appreciate your help man!

P.S: if you are talking about Mootools js error in console i changed MooTools from HikaShop configuration and they're gone!
but the problem still exist! :-(

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nic7071.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 10 months ago #270461

Hi,

I'm not able to see the problem on your link.
When I click on the add to wishlist button, I'm getting an error that I need to be logged in to add the product to the wishlist.
And when I try to signup on your website, I get that error: تکمیل تمامی فیلد‌ها الزامیست.
and I don't know what to do for that.
Please provide a user account so that we can test.

Regarding the javscript errors on the page, I still see one error:
monosnap.com/file/LcLDjoz9puDXsR8bxtdSUDZUJk6q7B
As you can read, it comes from the module mod_hikashop_magicthumb which isn't developed by us.
Try deativating it and see if that helps.

6 years 10 months ago #270546

I've sent you the login in private message ;-)

6 years 10 months ago #270589

Hi,

I don't really see the issue but I understand your problem:

When you click on the add to wishlist button, the system adds the product to the wishlist, not to the cart.
However, it redirects to the checkout instead of redirecting to the wishlist.
That's a bug of the legacy add to cart system which happens when the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" setting is activated and that you don't have any cart/wishlist module displayed on the page.

So there are several ways you can try to solve your problem:
- You could turn off the add to cart legacy setting in order to use the new add to cart system as the new add to cart system doesn't have that issue. Note however that as the system is different, it might require modifying some view files based on what was customized.
- You could turn off the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" setting.
- You could add the display of a wishlist module on the page.

6 years 10 months ago #270650

okay, Thanks Nicolas :-)

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 6 months ago #279987

Hello Nicolas,

I have the same problem. You can see and test it on my website: nicething.de/2017/index.php/de/schmuck-d...er-%C2%BBflash%C2%AB

I have tried different possibilities. Here my answers to your ideas for solving the problem:

- You could turn off the add to cart legacy setting in order to use the new add to cart system as the new add to cart system doesn't have that issue. Note however that as the system is different, it might require modifying some view files based on what was customized.
- - - Yes it works, but I want the popup window with the possibility to proceed or going forward to the cart. (After add the product to the wishlist for me its better to show only a notice, that the product is added to the wishlist.)

- You could turn off the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" setting.
- - - No changes will be set on turn this.

- You could add the display of a wishlist module on the page.
- - - I've tried this with a additional wishlist module, but the popup (and the wrong popup) was shown.

It would be helpful for me, if the popup after add the product to the wishlist no appears and instead a message will shown that is added (like displayed the error messages).

Thank you for your ideas.
Jonas

6 years 6 months ago #279988

Hello,

Yes it works, but I want the popup window with the possibility to proceed or going forward to the cart. (After add the product to the wishlist for me its better to show only a notice, that the product is added to the wishlist.)

So why not using that system and publish the "cart notify" plugin which is the new plugin for such cart notifications ?

www.hikashop.com/home/blog/367-hikashop-3-0-out.html#cart
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/357-hikashop-3-0-beta.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 6 months ago #280012

Hi Jerome,
ok, I understand the new system. And now I consult the plugin, where I could set modifications of the popup window. But I dislike - with the new technology - all my CSS is done. Why new CSS Selectors?
I want go the new way in the hope that the css no changes in the near future.

Thank you for your answer, regards,
Jonas

6 years 6 months ago #280015

Hello,

The "why" is simple ; HikaShop 3 was a major release with major modifications and we needed to perform these kind of big modifications in the cart system to make it better in several ways.
The old popup was not flexible, not dynamic, not friendly, not customizable and not extensible.
The new system is using a plugin which allow you and anybody to create a new plugin for its own specifications.
Yes, the new plugin use "vex" popup system (which is now used in HikaShop for a long time) while the old system were using mootools popup (which is deprecated in Joomla for some time).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #297219

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.4

Hello,

I have complex issues with the wishlist functionality in a website I am building. This is the URL of the dev site botavie.com.dedivirt73.your-server.de/index.php .

These are the issues:
1. If you click on the wishlist (heart) icon, for example a product of this page botavie.com.dedivirt73.your-server.de/in...ducts/cardiovascular , the product is added to the wishlist, but it is also added to the cart.

2. If you click on the wishlist icon from the product page, for example this one botavie.com.dedivirt73.your-server.de/in...duct/2-cardiovascine the product is added to the wishlist, but it is not showing in this page botavie.com.dedivirt73.your-server.de/in...php/en/shopping-list , a menu item for navigating to the wishlist

I am very lost here! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Dora

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 7 months ago #297235

Hello,

Several things to know and to test to better understand the situation :
Do you have some override on your website ?
- have a look in Main HikaShop Configuration, then Display dropdown => Views,
- Use 3 dropdown filer as : Product/YourTemplate/Frontend, if you see a little trash icon => You have override
- Open the view and save on your side the code, then click on the little trash icon to remove it from the website and process some
tests again

Does your template are fully compatible with HikaShop or have some feature that leads to this issue ?
- To check this can you perform test with a default template like Protostar, from this does it solve your processing issue ? Or not ?

Awaiting news from you to move forward.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297378

Hi,

Same issue here, unfortunately. If I click on the 'add to wishlist' button, the message at top right appears, also a 'waiting symbole' in the wishlist module. But there is no product added. After a page refresh the product appears in the cart, but not in the wishlist.

I've tried several configuration settings, deleted all overrides and set the template to default prototype. But without success. So your help is very welcome. I will send you a pm with the url and login.

Thank you for your help
Stef

5 years 7 months ago #297379

Hi,

Can you make sure that the "add to cart legacy" setting in the HikaShop configuration is deactivated ?
Also, if you don't have the latest version of HikaShop ( 3.5.1 ), please update your HikaShop.
If that's already the case and it doesn't help, please provide a link to a page with the issue so that we can reproduce the issue.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297437

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, "add to cart legacy" setting is deactivated. Joomla version is 3.8.12 (but it also didn't work with 3.8.11), HikaShop version is Business 3.5.1. I've sendt url and login for front- and backend to Philip yesterday, you will get this too in the next minutes by pm.

Thank you for helping
Stef

5 years 7 months ago #297438

Hi,

Thanks. I'm able to reproduce the issue on your link, but I'm not able to reproduce it on one of my test websites.
Coudl it be possible to also have a FTP access so that we could add some debugging in order to understand the problem ?
And please use our contact form along with a link to the thread when you send private information:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
That way, others from our support team can access it. Otherwise, the other person that might answer you might not have them and thus would be blocked from being able to follow up with you.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297502

Thank you Nicolas,

I've just sendt the FTP login by contact form.

5 years 7 months ago #297525

Hi,

Thank you. I found the issue and added a patch for it. It's a special case which happens with the display of variants in list mode with the add to wishlist button.
You'll have to clear your browser cache to see the change.
We'll also add the patch for the next release of HikaShop so you don't have anything to do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smart web

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297599

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for fixing this. It works fine now, even with the custom template and the overrides.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds