Create Product Brand Tag for Emails and Views

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319614

Please consider adding the product BRAND as an available tag so that we can add it in our emails and views if needed.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 10 months ago #319634

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll take that into account for future improvements.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334213

Hi,

I assume that there is still not a tag for BRAND that can be added in the order email as yet?

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 9 months ago #334226

Hi,

There isn't. Having such tag would require running an extra MySQL query for each product of the order in each email for data that isn't used normally. So we discussed this on our end and decided to not go for it as it would be more appropriate as a customization of the emails if the merchant needs it.
A PHP developer should be able to add that for you in the emails for less than 100€.

• Thank you received: 747
2 years 9 months ago #334236

Hi,

Unless, for some reason, by "tag" you mean an image, link, button or so (e.g. to a brand product listing):

Many moons ago I attempted to place the brand name in front of product names in all views, carts, emails, invoice, and figured it's total overkill.

So, since then I'm advising shop owners to enter product names with the brand name included, like "XYZ Product Name". It's easy to remember and do. And, obviously, it'll then be displayed consistently everywhere without any customisation at all.

If you already have too many products to do do so manually for each one, it can be done with a single query in phpMyAdmin (or maybe even with a HikaShop mass action... I haven't checked).

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds