PRoduct translation not Working

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
1 week 22 hours ago #332201

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2 [2104231736]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 88.0

Hi,

I have problems wih translation of product page: I've activated the "Activate the edition of content in multiple languages" Option then in my product menu of hikashop appeared the two flags. But when I fill the fields inside and go to Frontend no modification is shown. If I click on flags to change language, all other things switch to correct language, but the product name, description and so on remain the same contained in the standard fields. Nothing of text inserted in the two translation pages appear.


Could you help me?

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 72729
  • Thank you received: 11084
  • MODERATOR
1 week 14 hours ago #332212

Hi,

First, if you open again the translation popup, do you still see your changes ?
And second, if you go in the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration and edit your language file, on the right side of the page, you'll see your translation overrides, which should normally contain the translations you've added in the popups. Do you see them there ?
Finally, when you access the page on your frontend with the "debug language" setting of the Joomla configuration activated, you'll see an extra area at the bottom of the page with information about the translation files. It should tell you if it foudn any issue with the parsing of some of the translation files, including the override one. I would recommend you to check that. If Joomla found an issue when parsing the translation override file, it will be written there the line numbers where it found problems in that file. That will help understand what went wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
6 days 17 hours ago #332215

Hi,

The changes i put in the translation box sometimes gives an error when saving (
Error 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1) but of I reopen the same Window the data Is still present.
Data are not present in the ovverride language page.
Are there informations enough to help me?

Thank you,

Danilo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 72729
  • Thank you received: 11084
  • MODERATOR
4 days 22 hours ago #332229

Hi,

This error was reported a few days ago here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/90...at-row-1.html#332091
We've made a patch for it so download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and it should hopefully fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
4 days 20 hours ago #332235

Hi,
I downloaded and installed the Patched 4.4.2, but the text in the override box in the Language files doesn't appear and the frontend doesn't show the translations I put in the appropriate fields. Could you help me?

The general field of the product needs to be empty? Or there is some other type of Trick?

Thank you,

Danilo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 72729
  • Thank you received: 11084
  • MODERATOR
4 days 15 hours ago #332238

Hi,

I'm afraid we'll need to look directly into it to check on the situation and figure out what's going on.
Could you provide a backend access and a FTP access via our contact form along with a link to this thread for reference ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 72729
  • Thank you received: 11084
  • MODERATOR
3 days 16 hours ago #332282

Hi,

I got your access.
From what I can see the issue is that you had installed Falang at some point and you still have the falang tables in your database.
So HikaShop is storing the translations in there but since you don't have the Falang plugin to do the translations on the frontend it doesn't work.
Go in your PHPMyAdmin and delete falang's tables from there since you don't need them. You should then see the translations you had entered disapear in the backend translation popups and you can then enter them again, which will populate the translation override and it will then work properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
3 days 13 hours ago #332287

Hi Nicolas,

now all is perfect! I Deleted all Falang parts in database and it works. Thank you so much for your support!

Best Regards,

Danilo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum