error

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 8 months ago #343166

-- HikaShop Essential 4.6.1 [2207041030]
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The translation override could not be added. Please enter first a value in the field of the same name in the element you want to translate.

just bought hikashop. I did the translation manually, but I get an error when saving. meta description, keywords and everything else is not saved
Why do three languages appear along with my main one, instead of two additional ones ???
Why does this error appear in the translation window _hikamafia.t2s5x_jf_content' doesn't exist ?
Wtf there is no documentation on creating a multilingual store ???
I am disappointed...

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Alex3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 8 months ago #343183

Hi,

The first message indicates that you're trying to add a translation before adding text in the main field.
So before you fill the translation popup, please make sure you fill in the main product fields.
You can't enter a translation for the product name if you didn't enter yet the main product name.

Regarding the "jf_content" table, that's a table from Falang. Are you using Falang on your website ?
Could you activate the "debug" setting of the joomla configuration and try again ? It should display an error message with more information on where the problem comes from which will allow us to tell you what to do.

There is not much documentation because normally you just have to activate the translation interface and fill in your translations for your products / categories with the new interface and that's it.

1 year 8 months ago #343184

I have a completely created product card, all fields are filled!
No, I don't use Falang!

Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #343185

Hi,

Then please provide a backend and a FTP access with the name of the product you're using for your test so that we can look at the situation. In order to understand what's going on.
You can do so via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure you include a link to this thread for reference.
I think you're in a special case because your main language uses non-latin characters so we might need to adapt a bit the translation mechanism.

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by nicolas.

1 year 8 months ago #343193

Can I give you the login and password admin Joomla?

• Thank you received: 609
1 year 8 months ago #343198

Hello,

Yes please, and don't forget to provide us the name of the product you're using for your test
Add these elements :
- Url link to your backend access
- Backend user references (with maximum Acl)
Note : Like previously, use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.

Awaiting your elements to progress in your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Philip.

1 year 8 months ago #343207

Sorry, I'm not smart enough to understand what it is:
Backend user references (with maximum Acl)
I sent you everything I understood )))

1 year 8 months ago #343218

Hi,

Thank you for the accesses.
That's what we needed.
I was able to do some tests and debugging and found that the issue was indeed with the non latin characters in the original texts.
I made several patches to HikaShop to support that.
I did some further tests on your website after applying the patches and it seems to work fine.

1 year 8 months ago #343220

Thanks for the quick fix. Please tell me why the Russian language is repeated in the translation? My site defaults to using it. Before I used the component VikRestaurant. there were only two languages additional English and Vietnamese

But And when saving the translation, a window appears with the message
The translation override file /language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini is invalid. Please use the 'Debug languages' option of the Joomla configuration to understand what is wrong with it before adding new translations.

No work again. Vietnamese saves translation but English does not save...((( For sample Salted Herring
Canonical links not generated, Product name and Category not translated

Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #343223

Unfortunately, not much works, I don't know if I should continue to translate into Vietnamese or wait until you solve this problem ?

1 year 8 months ago #343224

Hi,

I don't get the error on the jf_content table. I tried many things but never got that error. For example:
i.imgur.com/N7pCNjZ.png
So either you could follow what I wrote in my first message and provide the full error message:

Could you activate the "debug" setting of the joomla configuration and try again ? It should display an error message with more information on where the problem comes from which will allow us to tell you what to do.

Or you could provide precise instructions on how to reproduce the error so that I could activate the debug and check the full error message on your website myself.

Regarding the error "The translation override file /language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini is invalid. Please use the 'Debug languages' option of the Joomla configuration to understand what is wrong with it before adding new translations.", I do get that message. I actually had that message before when I first arrived on your website. I followed the instructions of the message and edited the language override file under the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration. There, I could see an invalid line:
i.imgur.com/94gwGxt.png
If I remove that invalid line, then I can translate text again on your website and everything works fine.
The problem is that I don't know how you are able to get that wrong line added to the language file.
Could you provide precise instructions on how you added that "<p>salted-herring</p>" text ?

So basically, you're saying that not much works, but you gave two errors which I'm not able to reproduce on your website so we can't move forward like that. I'll need more information from you to be able to understand what's going on.

1 year 8 months ago #343231

Excuse me, of course, but I'm not a programmer. If you tell me what to do, I will not understand too much. I specifically gave you a Joomla admin account so you can enable debugging or something
But I do understand one thing that the problem in Hihkashop.
invalid line: blablablabla This is just a test string description that I added in the translation editor hikashop :)
I have no complaints about the Russian language, everything works fine

WHY?
1) Vietnamese and English names of products and categories are not translated. Although they are translated in the editor
2)Why are canonical links not generated?
3)Why if I remove the canonical link in one product - it is removed in all products
4)For example, I am writing canonical links for three products. Well, when I go to see what the canonical address of the first product is, for some reason it changes to an arbitrary one. As a result, I click to see a herring, but I see a cucumber. This is some hell!!!

Error for sampe:
1146 Table 'grand00_hikamafia.t2s5x_jf_content' doesn't exist
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliStatement.php:433
2 mysqli_stmt->execute() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliStatement.php:433
3 Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliStatement->execute() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/DatabaseDriver.php:675
4 Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver->execute() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/DatabaseDriver.php:1375
5 Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver->loadObjectList() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliDriver.php:584
6 Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver->getTableColumns() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/DatabaseDriver.php:1951
7 Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver->updateObject() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2431
8 hikashopClass->save() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/toggle.php:107
9 ToggleController->toggle() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:735
10 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:73
11 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:69
12 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
13 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
14 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
15 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
16 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
17 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
18 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #343234

Hi,

I sure can do the debugging and patching. But without the full error message or precise instructions to reproduce the problem, I'm stuck. The screenshot you gave in your last message is great. And the full error message even better. I was able to understand what is the problem. The issue is that these icons should actually not appear in the popup. These are to be used only when you're translating your content with the extension Falang, which isn't your case. So I've made a patch to remove these from the popup.
Thanks for the feedback on these.

And regarding points 1, 3 and 4 you raised, these are all coming from the same issue. The system wasn't meant to support non latin letters for the key of the translation. The patches I made earlier were incomplete. So I worked further on them and ended up adding an extra option "Non-latin translation keys" in the HikaShop configuration which I've activated on your website. That way, with that option activated, the translations work fine. So please test but it should be much better now. Thank you for your feedback on these too.

Regarding point 2, canonical URLs are generated, however, the translations of the canonical URLs is not yet supported by the system generating the canonical URLs. There is no easy fix here. It would require complex coding. I'm afraid you'll have to enter the canonical URLs for the translations manually for now.

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by nicolas.

1 year 8 months ago #343238

Thanks for the work you've done! Unfortunately, point 4 does not work. :(
You can see for yourself. Manually write down the canonical address for lightly salted herring and salted cucumbers. And you will see that after saving it will change. Accordingly, when you go to the product, you will see a completely different product. :(
I found a pattern: I wrote the canonical address in a category or product. And the same address was automatically cloned into all other categories and other products. Product description is not translated either. I hope I explained clearly. I do not understand what the problem is... I hope I explained clearly.
What can I say ... I was lucky with languages :) :) :)

Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #343250

Hi,

Ah yes. I made some additional changes. Please check again.

1 year 8 months ago #343253

Да, я проверил, теперь я вижу, что русское меню почему-то стало английским Ничего не изменилось, все еще грустно Разве ты сам это не видишь? Давай разберемся на я. Вы сможете исправить это, чтобы заставить это работать или нет, потому что я купил компонент только ради многоязычия. Я думаю, что гораздо проще создавать категории И продукты на английском и вьетнамском языках, и тогда все просто сработает.
I understand that this is not easy, it takes time, but it turns out that your multilingualism does not work ?

1 year 8 months ago #343255

You reported the issue about the canonical URL translation.
I made a test with the "snacks" and "salads" categories and I can properly set different canonical URLs for them, while I couldn't before.
And I can confirm that this is working.
I don't know what to look into if you just say "the Russian menu has become English" or "Nothing has changed everything is still sad".
If you found another issue please describe with more precision what is the problem.

1 year 8 months ago #343256

I understand that this is not easy, it takes time, but it turns out that your multilingualism does not work ?

As I said before, translation from a non latin language was not supported so far.
I've added that capability for you as it was something you needed. But I added this in a hurry to try to make it work for you. Unfortunately, it is more complex that I first thought, hence the numerous patches.
I'm sorry for the troubles but please understand that this is new uncharted teritory.

If you want to avoid all the problems with translations, you could change the way your products are done. Instead of having the original text in Russian and translate them into English and Vietnamese, you could have them in English and translate them into Russiand and Vietnamese. That way, you could turn off the new "Non-latin translation keys" setting and it would work properly as it works for others using the translation mechanism.

1 year 8 months ago #343257

Let's figure it out finally, can you do it or not, should I wait or not ? I just want to know the answer )
You don't have to be in too much of a hurry. i know it's not easy it takes a lot of time but if you can do it in a time that suits me please let me know

1 year 8 months ago #343259

Hi,

No, I am waiting on you. Please describe precisely what problem you currently have so that I can look into it.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds