PayFast Subscriptions with Hikasubscriptions and recurring payments

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #293039

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mamabubbles.co.za/index.php?option=com_h...=checkout&Itemid=169
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 2.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Dev Edition Latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No message

Hi guys I have been experiencing a multitude of challenges setting up my hikashop. I am trying to set up a store for my laundrette where there are 2 types of products

1. memberships that you buy and pay for monthly: so the customer at check out specifies quantity e.g. 3 washing baskets and is charged on the 1st of the month every month for 3 washing baskets.

2. Once off products that are charged at check out only e.g. dry clean my suit

I have payfast and paypal membership and I chose hikashop because it is the only store with subscription and payment plugins for both of these gateways. I use payfast because I am in South Africa and my store runs in Rands.

These are my problems:

1. Payfast subscriptions I cannot see settings for recurring payments in the paypal payments plugin. I have checked their website www.payfast.co.za/subscriptions/ and it shows that they support recurring payments but when I enable subscriptions in Hikasubscriptions I can't use payfast payments.

2. Paypal is not available at check out. I assume because my store runs in Rands and PayPal is in USD paypal is not available at check out. I need to set the plugin to convert the Rand price to USD and then take to PayPal for check out. How can I achieve this without the customer having to set the currency using the currency module as I will lose business because a lot of my customers simply won't do that. I need to create PayPal recurring payments as well for my subscriptions.

Please I have been going through pages and pages of documentation and I can't find answers for these specific use cases.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 10 months ago #293069

Hello,

Paypal (and paypal recurring) do not have ZAR in the supported currency.
So that is the reason why you cannot see Paypal while your store currency is ZAR.

Regarding the Payfast plugin ; it's a free plugin developed by the HikaShop team in 2014.
That plugin do not have the support of the recurring (which has been added afterwards) ; which means that it would require some development to include the support "Payfast subscription" into the plugin.

In the next version of HikaSubscription there will be an option to deactivate the requirement on "recurring" if you do not have any recurring payment.
In the mean time, there is a patch that you can apply manually by editing the HikaSerial cart class (administrator/components/com_hikaserial/classes/cart.php).
You will find the reference code in that forum post (first code is the current content, second code is the content to put instead)
www.hikashop.com/forum/18-support-en-fra...cription.html#290256

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #293076

Will there be development done on the payfast plugin to support the recurring payments? I actually need the recurring payments themselves more than anything.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 10 months ago #293078

Hello,

We do have a list of plugin that we want to update to include the support of recurring.
But unfortunately, we cannot work with all of them in the same time ; we have to prioritize the most used plugins first.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds