Unable to install the module

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 2 months ago #262825

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : JInstaller: :Install: Non è stato possibile trovare il file di setup XML di Joomla
JInstaller: :Install: Non è stato possibile trovare il file di setup XML
Table 'bfjuber.#__hikaserial_config' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM #__hikaserial_config

When i try to install hikaserial i have this errors:

JInstaller: :Install: Non è stato possibile trovare il file di setup XML di Joomla
JInstaller: :Install: Non è stato possibile trovare il file di setup XML
Table 'bfjuber.#__hikaserial_config' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM #__hikaserial_config

thanks
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #262835

Hi,

Please be sure that you do not have write permission issue or upload size limitation.
You'll find more details about installation issues in that documentation page :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...-install.html#errors

You can try to perform an installation "by FTP" if the package tar.gz and zip installation does not work properly.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 2 months ago #262892

Hi! i tried to install using "Install from folder" but the result is the same. Using this method is possible that there is write permission issue or upload size limitation?

Regards

7 years 2 months ago #262904

Hi,

What do you mean with "the result is the same" ?

If Joomla cannot find the XML, it means that you do not have perform the "install by folder" in the right way.
If Joomla display you errors, you have to read these error message in order to know what the problem is.

If you are really using HikaShop 2.6.0 with HikaSerial 1.10.4 ; you will have an error message from HikaSerial telling you that your HikaShop is not up to date.
HikaSerial have some requirements for the HikaShop version, as details in our changelog :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...erial-changelog.html
If you cannot update HikaShop, you'll need to install an older version of HikaSerial (and contact us via the "contact us" for that)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 2 months ago #263085

Hi,
on my site i've

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12

I try to install HikaSerial (either 1.10.4 or 1.10.1) using "Upload Package file" or "Install from folder" (copying the package zip file in \tmp) but appear this error

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Regards,

7 years 2 months ago #263089

Hi,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...-install.html#errors

Install via FTP

If you have difficulties to install HikaShop, you may want to try to install it via FTP.
This way, Joomla won't have to upload the HikaShop package on your website so the installation will be much faster.

* Extract your HikaShop package in a folder called "hikashop" on your own computer.
* Open your FTP software (FileZilla for example), connect to your website and upload the folder "hikashop" in the temporary folder of your website : /tmp/
* Go to your Joomla Installer manager on your website backend and specify the path of your folder in the input "Install from Directory" : "\home\...\tmp\hikashop".
* Click on the button "Install"... the install process should be much faster and will enable you to successfully install HikaShop.

Even if the text is talking about HikaShop ; it is the exact same thing for HikaSerial.
You wrote

copying the package zip file in \tmp

So I'm afraid that you did not follow the instructions because you should not upload the zip, but the uncompressed content which is in the zip file.

If you really can't install HikaSerial in your website, we would need an administrator access to your backend and also FTP access to your website.
You would be able to send us such private information thanks to our "contact us" form.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds