HikaSerial with Akeeba subscriptions

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 1 month ago #94239

Hello,

I have a working HikaSerial plugin that generates software license codes for my products when they are paid via Paypal - this all works fine.

Next I would like to offer recurring subscription based licenses using Akeeba subscriptions - can you advise if the HikaShop integration module for Akeeba + Paypal recurring payments would be enough on their own to trigger a new serial to be generated when the recurring payment is received? or would this likley require me to develope an Akeeba plugin also?

Love your product!

thanks,

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 month ago #94291

Hi,

The integration with AkeebaSubs generates a new order each time a recurring payment is made.
This order contains the same products than the original once and this order is confirmed.
So it should work without any problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rje2001

11 years 1 month ago #94355

That's perfect, thanks Jerome!

11 years 1 month ago #94638

I did some live testing with Paypal recurring and Akeeba, but after a payment is confirmed in Paypal, the order shows confirmed and the Akeeba subscription record is created, but there is no serial created.

It appears that the order::assignserials method is not being triggered at all when a product is linked to an Akeeba subscription level. If I test without a subscription level defined, then the serial is properly generated when the order is paid by Paypal.

Any suggestions? I'll step through the order event handling tonight in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 month ago #94672

Hi,

We can't reproduce the problem in our side.
Would it be possible to have an access to your store in order to test it ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 month ago #94831

Solved! (sorry, my fault) - The problem was with a call in our plugin to $orderClass->loadFullOrder - it was written for the original release of HikaSerial, and should have been updated to match the prototype changes in later releases. This resulted in user validation failing because of mismatched ids when a Paypal notification was being processed. Working nicely now!

thanks,

Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

• Thank you received: 35
10 years 10 months ago #107261

Hi !
Are you interested on this? :
HikaShop - HikaMarket & Akeeba subscriptions

Please, post/review, suggest and so on... there if you are interested on it.

Many Thanks!

• Thank you received: 92
10 years 8 months ago #117590

Hi
I not use hikaserial for now only read the forum so which version of akeebasub is need to achieve recurring ?
In wich level worflow recurring must be implemented ? hikashop and akeeba but what about payment gateway like paypal or others ?

thank's for any informationq that let me better understand recuring "eco system "

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #117610

Hi,

The latest versions are always the best to use.
To use the recurring payments, you can create subscription in akeebasubs to use recurring for products, or you can only use HikaShop and global recurring to re-order the same order at recurring periods.

The recurring payment method actually available is PayPal, the customer is able to select it in the normal HikaShop checkout.

10 years 8 months ago #117952

I express myself wrong .
which akeeba sub package is need ( the core or the pro ) ?

Thank's

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #117999

Hi,

You just need the core one.

10 years 8 months ago #119101

here a good link about recurring payment service
Understanding Recurring Billing
and another since plugin is not bundle with hikashop
akeeba module integration

So the only recurring method in august 2013 that is compatible with Hikashop is paypal !!!.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by lionel75.

10 years 7 months ago #121437

1) which HKS product ( essential ? , business ? ) need to be use with akeeba subscription for
a subscription
b reccurring payement ?

2) does the akeeba Hikashop plugin do the same thing that the plug in that akeeba plug in implementation for support e commerce .

akeeba subscription support ( implement) e commerce plug in for mijoshop Virtuemart RedShop but not hikashop .
Third party integrations for Akeeba Subscriptions are available[1]: G*Sales [ www.nobbis.net/produk-
te/akeeba-g-sales-plugin.html], Zoo [ www.zoolanders.com/extensions/item/zooaksubs ], HikaShop [http://
www.hikashop.com/ ]
All the plug in implemented by akeeba Team for e commerce seem to do the same thing :
The ability to assign multiple shopper groups to a single user was added in Akeeba Subscriptions 2.5.0
This integration plugin allows you to add and remove users from supported e commerce r groups based on their sub-
scription status. This allows you to set special discounts to subscribers (e.g. a discount club) or other e commerce tricks
which are based on the shopper groups a user belongs to.
Please note that this is a smart integration; instead of adding users when a subscription goes active and removing them
when a subscription goes inactive, Akeeba Subscriptions plugins take a look at all of the user's active and inactive
subscriptions and decide which groups the user should be added to or removed from.
The plugin renders these options in each subscription level:
Add to e-commerce groups
When a subscription to this level becomes active, the user will be added to the e commerce
groups you have selected here. You can select multiple e comerce groups.
Remove from e commerce groups
When a subscription to this level becomes inactive (e.g. it expires or the payment is cancelled),
the user will be removed from the e-commerce groups you have selected here. You can select
multiple e commerce groups.

3) which paypal gateway support recurring service ? only payflow pro ?

4) paypal support recurring only if recurring amount is constant ( in cost or frequency ) .
which third solution is supported by hikashop if recurring is not constant ?

Regard's

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13064
10 years 7 months ago #121516

Please do not post the same questions on several threads.

1. As I said in the other thread you reopened on the same subject, it works the same with all the editions of HikaShop.

2. These plugins add/remove ecommerce user groups to users. HikaShop doesn't have user groups as it is directly compatible with joomla user groups. Akeeba subscriptions is also compatible with the joomla user groups. So basically, you can already do what these plugins do between Akeeba subscriptions and HikaShop, without any integration plugin.
What our plugin does is this: add/remove subscriptions based on purchases in HikaShop. So it's the other way around basically.

3. The recurring service is of PayPal reccuring: www.paypal.com/pdn-recurring
I invite you to contact PayPal for more information on what PayPal account you need for that.

4. We only created a plugin for PayPal recurring. So there is no other recurring payment gateway supported. If you need another one, it will require that you develop such payment plugin, like we did for PayPal recurring.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds