Vendor groups and corresponding privileges

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 10 months ago #110089

Hi,

I have a multi vendor shop to which vendors get access if they have an active subscription (regulated by Akeeba Subscriptions). Vendors can choose between three packages: A, B and C. Is it possible to differ between vendors based on their subscription?

For example:

• max 20 products for A, 50 for B and 200 for C
  • payment gateway X for all, Y for only B and C and Z only for C
  • publish products in different categories (for use in carousel on frontpage etc.)
  • limitations on discounts
  • etc. etc.

Best, jelgr

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by praes. Reason: typo :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 10 months ago #110114

Hi,

It is something we have in our TODO list but which is not implemented for the moment.
Our idea is to have "roles" rights for the vendors.
By having a valid subscription, the vendor will have a role and when the subscription will end, it will loose his role.
Roles would be like joomla groups, so a role will gives permissions and a vendor could have several roles.

After that, for the moment, the ACL on HikaMarket just allow or not to edit or access to some values. It does not create limitation like the number of products.
This feature could be currently done using a plugin. But like I said, it is something we want to implement in HikaMarket in the future (but it is a quite important development).

For product limitations, payment gateways, product categories. It is possible to create the feature using a plugin.
For the discount limitation, it will be more complex and I am not sure that it could be done like that using a plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 10 months ago #110120

Ok, thanks for your explanation. Good to hear that it's on your todo list.

Another question; I have a release date in mind for my multi vendor shop, though it's possible to move this date if it's close to yours. So, do you have a date in mind for the vendor roles? Don't get me wrong: I do not want to push you ;-)

About the plugins, are they complex to create?

Best regards

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 10 months ago #110234

Hi,

We are currently working on the multi-shipping/payment system for HikaShop and HikaMarket.
In parallel, we are working on the paypal adaptive payment plugin.
Just after that, we will work on the variant (characteristics) edition for HikaMarket and integrate the new edition page into HikaShop.
We have the "unique vendor selling" feature in high priority too, where customer won't be able to buy products from several vendors in the same time (feature which will be plugged with the multi-payment).
So we will implement the payment/shipping edition in the front-end, too (because it's cool and we be required for the previous point).
And we will see the improve the vendor listing.

As you can see, our planning is already big and the role system is not yet enough clean (for specifications) to have a date.

About the plugins:
* the product limitation is quite simple. HikaMarket have a trigger which is called before the product creation page.
So a plugin can forbidden the product creation page if a vendor has reached his quota.
* Payment gateways should be include in the next big release. I am working on it with the multi-shipping/payment feature.
* Category limitation can be done using the HikaShop productUpdate triggers. Not really complicated too.

It requires PHP/development skills, it is not something really complex because the algorithm is simple (check a value somewhere, authorize or refuse the action).
But it is something which require time and tests.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 10 months ago #110270

Ok, thanks again for the update. I'm really curious to all those functions. Will wait for the next release... :whistle:

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds