SuperVendor and clientVendors features

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #115351

Hi,

I'd like to know If it is possible (and how) to manage the item availability when a "client vendor" buy a Product from the "master vendor".
The "master vendor" is the first vendor of the site.
The "client vendor" is a client of the "master vendor"and a vendor for all other customers.
If the "client vendor" buys an item (Samsung S4) from the "master vendor", it is interesting that the availability of this item is updated automatically at the checkout.

More interesting is a Smart availability features: the Customer search an item in the store of the "client vendor".
The Site show in the Product page the availability of this item with this Two information: item quantity in the client vendor shop, item quantity that the client vendor wait to receive, item availability from other store of the "client vendors" and item availability in the center store of the "master vendor".
"essedishop.it" has a similar and interesting feature and i think that it is important for the HikaMarket module.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #115382

Hi,

To be honest, I have some difficulties to visualize it. Let's try to summarize.

So the "master vendor" can sell products to customer but only to other vendors.
And when a vendor buy a product to the "master vendor", a similar product in his products should be updated with the quantity bought.

Am I right ?

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valeriogiampa

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 8 months ago #115560

Yes it is correct.
a practical case is my site and the company that will be born soon. the company is a distributor of electronic products with a mark of big distribution as Unieuro, mediaworld, etc. .. sellers are franchising companies or affiliates who are obliged to supply from the master vendor. the master vendor in addition to providing the products, provides the platform for e-commerce, website, email, certified mail, business management system, local and national advertising, intelligent stocks management or even the ability to sell directly in dropshop, etc. .. the sale dropshop works in a simple way: the vendor sells the item and collects the commission. the master vendor receives the remaining part of the amount that the customer has paid and send the item in the name and on behalf of the vendor. intelligent management of stocks instead allows you to move the articles in the various inventories of the vendors according to their needs while avoiding the stocks themselves become fixed assets. When a vendor buy a Product from the master vendor, this iten should be' updated with the quantity bougth.
It. Is more difficult to describe al the features, but ti is more interesting how business model for small vendor.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #115598

Hi,

A lot of text, quite compact.. It took a moment to analyse it.

Well, the first solution (explained in my previous post) is possible.
Thanks to a custom plugin, it is possible to duplicate a product or modify the quantity of a vendor's product when he bought something in the store to the main vendor.
Has to define a structure for product codes, but it is possible.

The second solution is quite complicated and the solution is some kind of tricky.
- By using price ACL, you can set a default price and a special price for vendors (free).
- Vendor could buy this free product.
- The plugin will copy the product for the vendor (if not already exists), remove the special ACL price and change the product fees.
- Original product quantity is restored by the plugin (because the vendor does not buy it, just a trick for the "copy").

The same custom plugin will have to trigger all kind of products modifications, so when a vendor sell the product, the main product (and every clone products) will be updated with the new quantity.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds