upload products from front end

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #115688

Hello,

I'm a little confused about the functions of the multivendor-extension.
I search for a shop which enables vendors (people who register in the frontend)can create and upload their own products.
In the forum for feature-requests I found a topic where there is said, that Hikashop isn't like ebay where the vendors cann sell their own products. But a few topics further down in this forum-section there is an issue about uploading products from the front end.

So is it possible to enable vendors to create and upload their own products or do I have to create the Products from Backend and vendors can only edit them?

Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #115692

Hi,

You can try HikaMarket in our demo website : demo.hikashop.com/
There is a menu "Other Features > HikaMarket" where you can access to the front-end edition part of the component.

HikaMarket is not yet a "eBay" like component. There is one missing feature to let the vendors receive directly the money from another customer.
So for the moment, HikaMarket propose more "marketplace" features than "ebay" one. But we are working on it.

About the uploading problem. I am quite sure that the problem was resolved and that it was a javascript problem in the website or a write permission problem.
As you can see in our demo website, we have a nice uploading system for images and product files. You can use "drag & drop" but it uses some javascript and sometimes, if there is a little javascript error from another part of the website (another component for example), the javascript process stopped and so, our uploader is not initialized.
We improve our system and add some "security" patch in order to try to initialize our uploader even if there is other javascript problems (and I can assure that our javascript does not have errors).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds