Allow vendors to upload csv files

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 months ago #140092

Hi There this is my first post in the forum. This is a presales question so I dont have any version info available.

We are looking at developing a Joomla multi vendor e-commerce solution, and so far Hikashop is looking good.

Our vendors will need to manage a fast changing and very large product base, so we will need some way of linking their in house software to Hikashop

I see there is a csv upload for the standard Hikashop, but is there a specific csv upload that will allow vendors to upload files to create or update only their own products only? This would allow us to give our vendors a standard API and make the link via csv.

If so, can this be automated? It would be good if there was an option to set a specific import location for each vendor, then we could set up a process where their local systems create csv files, use a program to automatically upload these to their FTP account on our server, and then Hikashop could periodically scan and import the file from each vendor folder

Is there a way to do this in the software right now, or if not is it possible that this could be done as a future development? Looking forward to your reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 3 months ago #140112

Hi,

We include the "export" feature in the last release but the import is still not implemented.
But it is a feature of our TODO list for HikaMarket.
We are also working on a WebService interface for the front-end, this feature would be for HikaShop and also HikaMarket. But it is a really big project as you can imagine.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds