Create steps of product creation

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 months ago #140157

-- HikaShop version -- :Business 2.2.3
-- HikaMarket version -- :1.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17

Hi!
first of all thanx for this beatiful product and your support. I have 2 questions.
1. Can i separate user registration and vendor registration (2 different buttons)
2.Our users is not very intelectual, and then i need create steps of product creation. Each step on a separate page. Is it real?

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 3 months ago #140168

Hi,

1. In the way that HikaMarket registration has been created at the beginning, it requires an HikaShop user to processed the vendor registration.
So we should add in HikaMarket a new option in order to embedded a more complete registration form in order to be able to register a user and a vendor in the same page.
Currently in HikaMarket, if you call the vendor registration page and you are not login, it will redirect you to the login page (where you can have a link to the registration page).

2. Steps in product creation is very "personal" and quite complex.
You have to define your different steps and how you want to let the user fill the product information.
But when you go to the next step, the best is to check if the filled data is right ; and stay on the same step if there is something missing or wrong.
It is not possible to create the product until the final step, it means that the product information should be stored in the user session. Otherwise you could have a lot of unfinished product in your database (which wouldn't be published but still unfinished). If we consider that the product code is not asked to the user, we can imagine using this kind of solution because the product code is the real restricted value in a product (because it should be unique).
For this product creation in several steps, for the moment I will recommend some custom development. The interface is really "personal" and it will be better (easier and faster) to code directly the interface in some views than making a flexible/dynamic system.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilikosha

10 years 3 months ago #140207

ok thank you for you support its very helpful for me.
Regarding the second question...can you help me were i can change it?
And else one if it is not difficult for you... can i put google maps tagging for vendor?

10 years 3 months ago #140259

Hi,

For the product creation steps, it will depends on what you want to do exactly, how you want to separate the steps, etc.

For the google maps, we are working with JoomUnited who make the component "My Maps Locations" in order to have an integration between our components.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 3 months ago #140264

This is good news about google integration. And when planning to complete development?
What about steps, i think realised it from category explorer. Maybe its a better way for us now, but can i modify it ?(I attached a picture for clarity)
1. increase category
2.disable hide button
3. change the top buttons
Thanx for help us !

Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago #140328

Hi,

1 - You can increase the category width/height by modifying/overriding the HikaMarket CSS.

#hikam_category_listing div.oTree, #hikam_product_listing div.oTree {
    width: 150px;
    overflow: auto;
    height: 100%;
}

2 - You can hide (so disable) the "hide button" using CSS or by overriding the view "productmarket | listing".
You can use the id "category_explorer_btn" for hiding the bar itself.
For the overriding of the views, by removing the link, it will disable the feature.

3 - To change the top buttons, the best is to override the view "productmarket | listing".
At this moment you can choose the columns you want to show, change the order, add new columns if required, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds