"Vendor payment content"?

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #157819

-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.4.1

Hi Jerome,

In 1.4.1 there's now this "Vendor payment content" option, by default set to "Orders". I've been looking around but yet it's neither in Help nor config documentation, and all I could find in the changelog is "New option: vendor payment content" and in your 1.4.1 related post here "Vendor payment content: choose the content of the order while paying a vendor (orders / products)".

Uuhmm, this all doesn't tell me much, sorry. But since it's related to fees/commission, flipping the switch could have significant consequences...

So, mind telling us what it actually does? Thanks!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 10 months ago #157842

Hi,

The option is for the content of the "vendor payment".
By default, when you pay a vendor, it will generate an invoice where each product is a vendor order.
With the new mode, HikaMarket will compile the total of sold products and list them.
It is just for the "design" of the generated order.

Mode 1 (orders)

- order 1    X€   1   X€
- order 2    X€   1   X€
[code]
Mode 2 (products)[code]
- product 1    X€   5   X€
- product 2    X€   2   X€
- product 3    X€   1   X€

Hope my explanations are clear enough.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 10 months ago #157845

Hmm, a bit confused still, but thanks for a nice try. :)
Guess I'll be playing with it one of these days to see the difference.

However...

Jerome wrote: ... when you pay a vendor ...

... meaning it's only relevant for the "Fee mode" where we pay the vendors, not for the "Commission mode" where the vendor pays us? Or how does this all go together? Guess you see my confusion, haha...

Tip: Real-world examples always do best ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 10 months ago #157850

Hi,

For the real world example, it is quite simple.
I made this feature for myself, as a pure egocentric :)

We use HikaMarket (and HikaShop, for sure) in this website to sold our components.
When we made the bill each month, I had to make manually another order which count the number of licences for each products (and renewals, etc).
So, instead of doing it each month, I preferred adding this feature directly in HikaMarket ; to get the list of the products sold in the month.

And because I added it directly in the component, I put a line in the changelog because it's a new feature.
I understand that it's not very clear and maybe not useful for some people, but it is very useful for me and will help us for our accounting.

About the "when you pay a vendor" ; I mean "when you use the button "pay" in the vendor page".
This button is use to generated an order or invoice, depending the fee mode you are using. But the presentation does not depend on the fee mode, it is just what elements you will put as "products" in.
It can be "vendor orders" (like it was for the previous HikaMarket version) or now "vendor products" (like it is useful for me).

Sorry for my ego-centrism :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 10 months ago #157873

Aaaah ok! And no reason to be sorry! Some of the greatest inventions for mankind have been made due to someone's very own personal need, hehe.

Anyway, I get it now. And again, will play with it when it's the time, see if it does equally well for me. Was just concerned if it had another impact, but sure also trusted that if it had, you'd say sooner a few more words on it in the docs.

Go, invent more cool stuff! :lol:

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds