Product "templates" for all vendors

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 10 months ago #272103

Hi!

I was wondering how to set up a product template in Hikamarket: let's say it's a second-hand car market, with multi-vendors. I'd like to set up a car DB from which each vendor could select the brand, model, year, etc and just add mileage, price and photos to it (and quantity I guess, but probably only 1). What would be the step to do that?

At this stage I have found a car DB listing all the models, imported it, but then I'm a bit lost at the next steps. Some directions would be nice.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #272105

Hello,

HikaMarket have a product template system but I'm not sure that it's what you're talking about.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...l#configtab_template

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 9 months ago #272266

Hi!
Thank you for the prompt reply. From its definition this could be what I'm looking for. Though I haven't found how I could import or move all the car brands/models (and specific fields like engine cc, manual/automatic transmission, etc) into the template part. Any idea if this is possible?
Thank you.

6 years 9 months ago #272683

Hi again!

So do you think it is possible to import csv file in the template area like we can do import into products? Or can we move the imported products into the template area?

Thank you

6 years 9 months ago #272699

Hello,

I'm sorry but I still don't understand what you're talking about.

Import using CSV is still related to HikaShop and there is no import feature in HikaMarket for the moment (still in our TODO list with a lot of other features).
Afterwards, if you really want to use the "product template" feature of HikaMarket (but because I don't understand your message, I'm still not sure), it is just a "product_type" that you need to change to make a classical product become a product template.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 9 months ago #273606

Hi!

Ok I'm sorry for my lack of clarity. Of course it is clear in my head I just need to better explain it...

So I would need product templates so that vendor can easily chose products they will sell in their store, and just add a few fields such as color, mileage, etc. I am therefore considering to acquire a product list which I will import as a product into hikashop. I understand from your previous message that there is just one field to change to transfer a product into a product template, am I right?

Then I'll have probably a few hundreds of products to convert. Is there a SQL statement I could run in phpmyadmin to convert all products into product templates?

Hopefully this is better explained (but I'm not sure).

Thank you.

6 years 9 months ago #273618

Hello,

So I would need product templates so that vendor can easily chose products they will sell in their store

Unfortunately, for the moment there is just one single product template per vendor.
So when the vendor want to create a product, the selected product template is used to pre-fill values (and force values for fields that the vendor does not have access).
We want to improve that feature and let vendor have several templates so they will be able to choose a template while creating a new product, but that feature is not yet available.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 9 months ago #273864

Oh...! Any idea when the feature will be available?

Fred

ps: doing some editing because I am still not sure about everything: in product templates I can create more than one template. Now you are saying 1 template is 1 product. So if I want my sellers to sell only 3 models of Toyota that they can chose I cannot right?

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by bfred.

6 years 9 months ago #273880

Hello,

Unfortunately no ; I got a lot of things under development and some very requested features in my current list.
So I can't provide any schedule of implementation for the moment.
If it is really something urgent for you, it might be easier to implement it via a custom job and see to have the feature added into the core so you would be able to update without loosing it.

1 template = 1 product template.
1 vendor can use/have 1 template only.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds