Show available products based on customer's location

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #279545

Hi all,
I am working on a new project (currently offline) for which I'm going to need a multi vendor online shop.

1. A vendor should only be available to ship within a certain city or certain zip codes. This I think I can handle with custom fields.
2. A customer should enter his/her zip code and afterwards only be able to see products available for this specific zip code. This means only products of customers that can ship within the entered zip code should be visible. - No idea how to realize that. I found the location search module, however I couldn't find any documentation how to use that and therefore I am not sure if this is the right approach.

Hope anyone can help.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #279593

Hello,

The plugin "vendor location" in HikaMarket is not well documented since it's something very specific.
It was first an implementation via a custom development and I modified the plugin to make it a bit more generic.

The feature is based on two plugins (on Hikashop another HikaMarket) named "vendor location".
You can create vendor custom field in order to store the list of authorized post codes and authorized cities. The fields would just contain the list of the zip/code separated by coma.
Once the custom fields in place, in the plugins (via the Joomla plugin manager) you have to enter the namekey of the custom field to use them.

Afterwards, the module (vendor location, once again) will use the information provided by the customer to filter the products in listing (via the HikaShop plugin) and the vendors in listing (via the HikaMarket plugin).

www.hikashop.com/forum/23-market-how-to/...eds-to-be-added.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/869...ors-by-zip-code.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TInkyWinky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds