Hikamarket and Voting

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 4 months ago #282903

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2

I know this has been discussed in forums but I just want to clarify--as of right now, there is no option for users to be able to give ratings or votes to different vendors in hikamarket, correct? They can just vote/comment on the products themselves and not the vendors?
I would REALLY like to have a way for users to rate vendors as I think that is a crucial part of a good marketplace. Has anyone figured out a workaround or an extra extension that can be used? Is Hika working on a solution for a good marketplace rating system? Thanks for any clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #282923

Did you take a look at the HikaMarket configuration page ? Or it's documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_display

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #283035

Yes Jerome I have looked at that page. For many of us that don't spend all day every day with Hika, sometimes things aren't as easy as they might seem. Sorry about that. I know that I can turn on voting/comments for the products via the Hikashop config. When I do that, I get tabs for comments/voting on my product pages. And when I enable the "Display Vendor Vote" in the Hikamarket config, I get the star ratings that show up under the vendor names on my vendor page.
Here are my two issues; 1) the Hika demo says "You can choose to display the "vote and comment" module on this vendor page so that all the users can note the vendors" but I don't get any voting/comment section to show up automatically on the vendor pages when it's enabled and I don't see a Hikamarket module option for voting/comments that I can create and show at the bottom of the vendor page. So I'm not sure how a registered user would actually rate and leave a comment about a vendor, and 2) I really would like to have vote/comments for vendors but it doesn't make sense on my site to have it for products. Vendors list something once and that's it. When it's gone it's gone so comments about a product itself do not make sense--just for the vendors. But it seems that when I disable the Vote/comment module in hikashop config, the vendor star rating disappears as well.
Thanks in advance.

6 years 4 months ago #283038

Hello,

If you have issues with the HikaShop vote/comment system, best would be to post in the HikaShop section of the forum.

The HikaMarket setting just allow to activate the vote/comments in the vendor page, with the exact same settings than you have configured in HikaShop.
I'm afraid that HikaMarket can't do more since it's the only possible integration with that system for the moment. The new implement should be more flexible for what I could see regarding the design.

Please try to add more carriage returns in your messages in order to make them easier to read and follow.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #283355

So if I only want registered users to comment/vote for vendors who they've purchased from, I'm assuming choosing the Hikashop option of "Bought" for access level.
That works for the product voting, but when testing it, I'm given the message
"You must have bought this item in order to post a vote or a comment" on the vendor page -- even though that test user has bought a product from that vendor. They can vote/comment on the product they bought but not on the vendor that listed that product.
Thoughts?

6 years 4 months ago #283356

Hello,

Unfortunately no.
Like I previously wrote :

I'm afraid that HikaMarket can't do more since it's the only possible integration with that system for the moment. The new implement should be more flexible for what I could see regarding the design.

To paraphrase myself :
The current triggers in the HikaShop vote system do not allow HikaMarket to have more control and I already do some stuff to fix some processing issues.
I cannot do more with the current system !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #283464

OK. thanks. Do you know of any extensions/plugins that could be made to integrate a voting/rating/comment into the hikamarket framework -- just to rate vendors? Like some third party rating/review extension with a little customizing? It's essential to the marketplace that I am creating so I need to figure something out. Vendor ratings are the foundation for a good marketplace. An online store needs product ratings, but a marketplace really needs vendor ratings.

Thanks and let me know if you know of any possibilities

6 years 4 months ago #283531

Hello,

I know that the StackIdeas team recently made an integration in Komento for HikaShop but I don't think that they made it for HikaMarket.

I agree that vote and comments are important and that's why I asked for a long time to have a real refactoring of the system in HikaShop so it could be better integrated into HikaMarket.
And that's why the HikaReview project has been created. But as you know, every development as big as that, require some time !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #284219

We were able to get the guys at JLexArt to build a Hikamarket plug in to work with their JLexReview as a way to just review vendors. Works great and you can specify who can write reviews -- anyone, registered, only those purchased from the vendor, etc. The guys there are really helpful so if anyone is looking for a good way to integrate vendor reviews and not product reviews, this is a good place to look.

6 years 4 months ago #284220

Hello,

That's the great news !
Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds