6 years 3 months ago #285960

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Payment

Hello,

I searched for topics about testing Paypal adaptive with sandbox, I found this topic but from 3 years ago:
www.hikashop.com/forum/23-market-how-to/...e-configuration.html

I'm using Sandbox accounts with Paypal to test with 3 accounts:
...falicitator... > The Store (Business)
...vendor... > The Vendor (Business)
...Buyer... > One Buyer

I tested to buy 1 product of $1 with the Buyer to the Vendor.
Please find below a table to resume (I wish to add border 1...):

SettingResult ExpectedTest with $1 Product
Store (commission)$0.6$0.6$1.19
VendorProduct + Shipping ($0.1)$1.1$0.19
Paypal fee US$0.3 + 2.9%$0.33$0.65 ? If we add above = 0.19 + 1.19= 1.38, the rest (0.65) goes to Paypal ??
Total / BuyerProduct + Shipping ($0.1) + Fees (Commission + Paypal $0.3+2.9%)$2.03$2.03

Could you please help me to understand and get the result expected ?

Payment Method:

Hikamarket - Taxes and Fees Options:

Thank you,

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ChristopheMG. Reason: Simplify + table

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #285963

Hello,

I will tell you almost the same thing than your other topics regarding "Paypal Adaptive".

You're now using the "Paypal Adaptive" in adaptive mode (since you do not have "classical" activate anymore).
But payments made by Paypal Adaptive and not related to anything to Paypal.

It's good to know what you have configured regarding the payment fee but...
If you do have a question HikaMarket I recommend you to post a topic regarding HikaMarket and provide details about your HikaMarket configuration and also real information regarding the test order and the test products.

Otherwise, I have to tell you that without propre and concret information I can't validate or unvalidate anything.

Providing your "Paypal adaptive plugin" settings is irrelevant and useless knowing that you just have questions on the HikaMarket configuration for the dispatch of fees.
An adaptive plugin will just take the "content" provided by HikaMarket and dispatch the amount to the different "accounts".
Nothing less, nothing more !

www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/893...ive-not-working.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/893...-for-commission.html

I do hope that you will be able to understand what I'm telling you for some weeks and that you would be able to provide concrete details on your test order.
Otherwise please understand that my answer will be the same and you won't have any useful reply.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #286036

Hello Jerome,

Let's get straight to the point, we are in Hikamarket, I will give you the result of my last test:

Order No...
1 Product of $10
Payment fee : $0.60
Total: $10.60

DescriptionAmount
test facilitator's Test Store $10.60 USD
Total:$10.60 USD

Settings - Hikamarket > Market options:
Payments and Shipping
Limit vendors in cart: One vendor
Show only vendor payments: No
Split payment fees: No
Split shipping fees: No
Shipping per vendor: No
Configuration of plugins by vendors: Own plugin
Filter order status when vendor is paid: Yes

TAXES AND FEES OPTIONS
Market mode: Store paid directly
Vendor price with tax: No
Apply fees on shipping: No
Vendor payment content: Orders

Currency : $USD , Minimum quantity: 1, Min price: 1.00000, Flat fee: 0.00000, Fixed fee: 0.1000, Percent fee: 0.00%, Global fee not checked, Group all.

Concerning the Paypal adaptive, it's the same than the image above but Price: $0.60 and 0%.
The Fee mode: Sender

Results:
The buyer paid $10.60 as expected
The vendor account (paypal sandbox) get only $9.31 (it should be $10)
The store: 0.38 (it should be $0.10)

I don't understand why $9.31 and $0.38 (why not $0.10?).
I did other tests, it may looks like the vendor get the total payment - Paypal fees (0.30 + 2.9%) - Store.

But what I want since the beginning is simple: the buyer pays for EVERYTHING: the fees (paypal and store) and the product+shipping to the vendor.

Thank you for your patience and your support,
Regards,

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ChristopheMG.

6 years 3 months ago #286041

Hello,

I understand that you want to provide all the information and I thank you for that.
Unfortunately, I prefer to have screenshots of what I'm asking you because there is more details and I can more easily "trust" the information.

So please provide the test order details and the product details.
Just for the "taxes", you do not provide any related information so the manual processing is impossible.

The order total, the store fee and the vendor total is a big equation with a lot of variables.
With the current details ; about half of the variables are missing.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 3 months ago #286043

Thank you Jerome,

Please find just below (confidential) a Super User access:

This message contains confidential information

The screenshots are in this archive:link removed
Because I was not able to upload them here:
"Error
You have too many links in your message, please decrease them!"

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: removing private link

6 years 3 months ago #286081

Hello,

It is really unfortunate that you cannot provide any screenshot that I'm asking for.
There is still no information for the test order ; so nothing that we can use in the "order additional" and "order products" to make any kind of manual checks.

I'm not asking for hundred of screenshots ; I just need concret details regarding an order to perform some basic Math !

The only useful information that I was able to see in all your content, is that you're using "floating taxes".
All the rest is still missing.

I saw that you also provided a backend access ; but I cannot use it since you still did not provide any context.
If you do not understand what information is needed to perform the verification of the order total and the vendor total ; we are not talking about the same thing and it's not possible to communication.

I still don't know what is your issue, what you don't understand and where you're looking for the information.
I don't know if you know how "payment fees" are working in HikaShop ; and afterwards how it's working with HikaMarket.
But with some "text data" and not screenshot of that order details ; we are still stuck at the same exact point that before.

Once again :

I do hope that you will be able to understand what I'm telling you for some weeks and that you would be able to provide concrete details on your test order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 3 months ago #286119

Hello,

I hope this one is the good one.
What I want: the vendor to be able to sell products, the store (website) to take a commission, the buyer paying for everything : product + store + paypal fees.

I gave you in my first post the details about my order but I agree no screenshots, it was with $1 product and with different fees, but let me try with $10.
Please find the screenshots organized by numbers here (number 7 are the orders with all prices):

1 - No taxes: unpublished.
2 - Shipping method yes but on $0
3 - Add the product page
4 - The product page
5 - Checkout page
6 - Payment with the sandbox account ...Buyer2
7 - Order Summary (in the email)
  • 7a : vendor invoice
  • 7b : buyer invoice
8 - Paypal Sandbox Accounts (I created new ones for this example!)
9 - Paypal Account for the Store. Before the payment: $0. After : $1.24 !
Why $1.24 ?? And not $1 ? (see number 12)
10 - Paypal Account Vendor2. Before the payment: $0. After : $8.44 !
Why $8.44 ?? And not $9 ? (Vendor total) > Because Paypal take $.30 + 2.9% = 0.56... ? But I want the buyer to pay for all fees.
11 - The Buyer2 Account - Before the payment: $1000. After : $989.41 : GOOD ! Because 1000-10.59
Extra
12 - the Hikamarket Taxes and Fees options
13 - The Paypal Config.
14 - Vendor Paypal

My problem: it looks like the vendor pays for everything (store commission, Paypal fees?...) instead of the buyer. And why the store take $1.24 instead of $1?
Ideally I would like the invoice of the buyer like :
Product : $10
Payment fees : $1.62 ($1 store commission + Paypal fees ($.30 + 2.9% of 11= $.619))
Total : $11.62
Please, how to set Hikamarket to obtain this result ?

Again, thank you,

Regards,

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ChristopheMG. Reason: Part 10, add reason of 8.44, paypal fees? + Adjust result I would like ($11.62).

6 years 3 months ago #286148

Hello,

You can tell me when you are finished with editing your message ; so I can work on answer.
Please understand that regarding our support we do not appreciate the edition of message hours after the publication....

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 3 months ago #286149

Done, just after a night I thought about the $8.44.
Please you can take a look.

6 years 3 months ago #286169

Hello,

Okay, so we still do not speak the same language.
Even in the latest version of the ZIP with your screenshots ; There is still no information regarding the order details that you can find in the HikaShop backend.

You gave the order summary from the HikaMarket vendor page ; that order is the vendor order so it does not include all details since HikaMarket process the data specially for the vendor.
That's the reason why you do not see the payment fee in the vendor order since that information is just available for the main (customer) order.

In the HikaShop backend order ; more than all the order details (which are very useful to perform manual verification) you have also all details regarding the HikaMarket sub orders and the vendor totals (so the vendor fees).

At the end, I still don't understand what is your wrong value and where you're taking them.
Because if you're talking about the amount of money in the sandbox paypal account ; I'm afraid that this part is not related to HikaShop or HikaMarket.

HikaShop allows you to add some fees in the order to compensate what would be the payment fees.
The HikaMarket Paypal Adaptive plugin do have code to indicate to paypal how the order total should be split between the vendors (and the exact values are available in the HikaShop backend order details).

If you're trying to compare things which can't be compare, I'm sure that you will have some issues.
Now if you read the information where I'm asking you to do for the past weeks ; I'm sure that we will be able to move forward.

But I think that I need to explain this to you in French because you still do not understand and I don't know if it's related to the communication or else.

Le plugin paypal ne fait aucun calcul.
Tout ce que le plugin fait c'est transmettre les "ordres" de transfert à partir des données accessibles.
Ni plus, ni moins.

Comprenez bien que pour faire vos calculs il faut des informations : TOUTES les informations d'une commande ; incluant tous les détails, tous les frais ; tout ce que vous pouvez avoir dans le backend et non dans des versions simplifiées pour le client ou le vendeur.
Actuellement, vous ne travaillez pas avec les données bruts ; vous ne pouvez donc pas faire des calculs justes ou même comprendre ce qui ne va pas.

Cela fait plus d'une semaine maintenant que je vous demande ces informations d'une commande.
Vous me fournissez une quantité énorme de captures alors que malheureusement, la seule information importante que je vous demande, n'est pas présente.

Le but de notre support est de vous permettre d'être autonome ; il est donc important que vous puissiez comprendre les bases et le fonctionnement d'un système e-commerce et marketplace.

Et si vous souhaitez faire des calculs mathématiques ; vous devez obligatoirement utiliser des données réelles et dans le flux réel.
Prendre le total sur le compte Paypal est une erreur car vous oubliez la boite noire qu'est Paypal.
Donc vous devez vous arrêter à HikaShop et HikaMarket et si jamais, vous avez besoin de comprendre la données finale de Paypal ; il faudra à ce moment là se baser sur les vrais données utilisées par HikaMarket.
Mais n'essayez pas de comprendre le "tout" sans vous arrêter aux étapes intermédiaires.

En espérant avoir enfin les informations concrète et réelles de votre commande de test pour vous permettre de faire réellement vos calculs.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 3 months ago #286184

"order details that you can find in the HikaShop backend":
Order >

We both can see:
Payment fee $0.59 - Paypal USD
Hikamarket sub orders ? Subtotal ? If yes : $10.00
Vendor total: $9

Je vais également écrire en Français, je traduirai la solution finale. Déjà ce que j’appelle commission, c’est la part que prend le site (store comme compte sandbox). Les deux autres entités sont le vendeur (vendor2) et l’acheteur (buyer2).

1. Commencons par Hikamarket :
Comment faire pour que la commission ne soit pas payée par le vendeur mais l'acheteur ?
Car ici mon exemple, vous voyez un produit de $10. Subtotal : $10.00
Je veux que « Vendor total » soit : $10 ! Et non $9
J'ai parametré > Hikamarket > Market options > TAXES AND FEES OPTIONS > Fixed fee : $1.00000
Je ne veux pas que le vendeur paie cela, mais l’acheteur.
Donc Total serait $11

2. Maintenant Paypal:
Je veux aussi que l’acheteur paye Paypal, qui serait $0.30 + 2.9%, c’est diffèrent en Europe. Peu importe ici, je créerai des restrictions plus tard.
Donc je pense avoir jugé bon de mettre dans Hikashop > Payment Methods > Hikashop (market) Paypal Adaptive… Plugin > Price : 0.30 $ et Percentage 2.9 %
Dans le meilleur des mondes (vous pensez probablement "ou Paypal n'existerait pas"), on aurait donc :
Payment fee $0.62 - Paypal USD Car 0.30 + (2.9% de 11)
MAIS
Comme vous avez pu voir plus haut, on est loin du compte.
Mon problème ici est que vendeur semble payer des fees paypal au passage ($8.44 au lieu de $9)
Pourtant Fee mode : Sender.
Et que les fees « Payment fee $0.59 - Paypal USD » ne seraient pas prisent en compte ?
Au résultat, la commission (site) est de $1.24 au lieu de $1, je ne comprends pas cela.
“Because if you're talking about the amount of money in the sandbox paypal account ; I'm afraid that this part is not related to HikaShop or HikaMarket. “
J’ai besoin en effet de comprendre la boite noire Paypal, ce qu’il se passe entre les deux…

Merci Jerome.

Je ne pense pas rééditer ce message, mais je vais relire et continuer à creuser.

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ChristopheMG. Reason: French version

6 years 2 months ago #286186

Hello,

The main order is "confirmed" and the sub orders are "confirmed" too.
But in the order history, there is no trace of that confirmation (so the Paypal IPN call) ; which indicates a problem.

Regarding the sum ; we can now be sure of the values processed by HikaMarket and that the Paypal Adaptive is using.
I would recommend you to perform an another test order with the "debug" mode activated in the plugin so you will have some debug data.

Thanks to the current details ; we can know.

The order total is $10.59
The vendor order total is $9
Which means that the store total is $1.59 ( $10.59 - $9 )

If you look at what the vendors are receiving in Paypal, it's $1.24 + $8.44 = $9.68
Knowing that the customer right paid for $10.59 in Paypal ; it means that Paypal take some fees for both vendors.
So $1.59 minus the paypal fees becomes $1.24
And $9 minux the paypal fees becomes $8.44

If you want to let the vendor receive some part of the payment fees : you have an option in HikaMarket called "split payment fees".
But it will split between the sub orders and because you just have one sub order ; the vendor will automatically receive the $0.59 in its sub order (which will be include in the vendor order total processing).
So it would mean that your store will receive less than $1 at the end.
Afterwards, we might see to improve that setting to allow new kind of algorithms.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 2 months ago #286235

Hello,

Thank you Jerome ! I understand why the 1.24 now.
I just made a new test with debug and split payment fees: Yes

Please find the debug result below:

1. Confirmation email?
We are a little bit off topic but: Is there is a link between "there is no trace of that confirmation (so the Paypal IPN call)" and the fact that the vendor and the buyer received only the "Order created" email ? Not the "confirmed" one. But in Hikashop backend > Orders > Order:
Order status confirmed
- If yes, please, how to fix it?
- If no, how to received the confirmed email as well? Actually only the confirmed and not the created one?
In System > Email > Order creation notification, Order status notification and Order notification : Published
In Hikamarket > Configuration > EMAILS OPTIONS > Market: Order status notification : Published

2. Results
Total: $10.59
Vendor total: $9.59
Sandbox accounts:
Store: $0.67 > (1- Paypal fees)
Vendor: $9.01 > (9.59 - Paypal fees)

So I understand the system :woohoo:
A. Is it possible that Paypal takes only one fee ?
B. If not, and if I want the vendor to not get affected by the fees. I will need to increase the Paypal Plugin fee :( > 1.30 (1 for commission + Paypal 0.30 + 2.9 %)
I just made the test and... Almost $10... Vendor final total: $10.59
But on Sandbox : $9.98.
Because Paypal takes 2.9% of 10.59 and not $10... :S

Thank you,

Regards,

6 years 2 months ago #286237

Hello,

2 - I'm glad that you see how to have all the details and analyze the workflow.

2A - There is setting in the Paypal Adaptive plugin for that ; according to the documentation :
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/adapti...ayment-configuration
But, it looks like there is typo in the plugin since the parameter we can see in the debug is "feePayer" and it looks like the parameter should be named "feesPayer"

So please edit the plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal_adaptive/paypal_adative.php plugin file and replace

'feePayer' => $fee,
By
	'feesPayer' => $fee,
In order to activate the mode where the customer pays the Paypal fees.

With the "sender fees" activated ; I would highly suggest you to remove the Payment fees in the plugin configuration.
Because Paypal will add the fees directly to the customer and the vendor (and your store) will receive the exact requested amount.

1 - It is possible that you have an issue during the email notification or with the trigger "onAfterOrderUpdate".
Can you please check your PHP error log in order to see if you found any "fatal error" ?
You can also see to activate the debug mode in your Joomla global configuration and try to modify an order in the HikaShop backend ; change the order status, check the "notify customer" and validate.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 2 months ago #286341

Hello Jerome,

About the emails, I created a different Topic (I hope in the good category):
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...-and-error-1064.html

I tried to update the "feesPayer" in : ".../plugins/hikashoppayment/paypaladaptive/paypaladative.php"
I don't know if it matters but they were no "_" in the folders and the file names like above.

Then when I finished the Checkout, error message:
"The fee payer SENDER cannot be used if a primary receiver is specified"
Screenshot:

I removed the Payment fees in the plugin configuration.

Please let me know,

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #286381

Hello,

That message is directly from the Paypal Adaptive API.
You should see with Paypal how handle it.
And you can also find details in the documentation I gave you previously :
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/adapti...ayment-configuration

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 2 months ago #286424

Hello,

Almost complete !
I took the time to read your link,
I let your correction "Feespayer" in plugin ...
I changed the Payment mode: Parallel
Hikamarket > Split payment fees : No

Results:

I still have 3 issues (the first one is the biggest)
In this payment summary above, $2 was for the shipping and $1 the store commission (total $3).
1. How to add the shipping to the vendor instead of the store (9 + 2 would be $11 in this example for Kimberly...) ?
2. Is it possible to hide the vendor account in the summary ? To let just the first one "Christophe..." or something else with $12.
3. The Paypal Fees appeared at the last moment ($0.95), just before to click on "Pay", is it possible to display it before ?

Thank you,
Regards,

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by ChristopheMG.

6 years 2 months ago #286440

Hello,

1 - I told you about "split payment" before ; and in the documentation you'll see that there is also a "Split shipping" setting.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general

2 - Since you're using "parallel" mode, no you can't. It's something related to Paypal website and only Paypal.

3 - No you can't. These fees are added by Paypal website and there is no way to have that information before.

Please understand that HikaMarket and it's "paypal adaptive" plugin are limited by the feature and the functions of Paypal Adaptive API and Website.
There are things that we can do, playing with the settings but not more.

All is explained in the Paypal documentation regarding what is possible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds